Lenovo M920Q - 8500T / 32G ram / 128G SSD - $450

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zer0sum

Mar 8, 2013
Works perfectly...I just wanted to get a tiny cluster going with much cheaper TMM boxes instead :cool:
Located in Silicon Valley area if anyone wants to meet up, or I can ship it fully insured to the 48 states easily enough.

i5-8500T - 6 cores / 6 threads
128GB SSD
32GB ram (2 x 16)
PCIe right angle expansion bracket so you can run a 10gb NIC, or quad port
65W power adapter

Last edited:

Monoman

Oct 16, 2013
i have 5x i3 TMM with 16gb ram maybe we could do a trade;)

i want to consolidate to 1

Reactions: Samir

zer0sum

Mar 8, 2013
i have 5x i3 TMM with 16gb ram maybe we could do a trade;)

i want to consolidate to 1
I might be able to entertain that idea, but I have already bought 3 x Wyse thin clients to see if they will work.
If they don't do what I need I'll definitely be looking at other options though :)

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I might be able to entertain that idea, but I have already bought 3 x Wyse thin clients to see if they will work.
If they don't do what I need I'll definitely be looking at other options though :)
I think you'll be looking at the TMMs for sure as those Wyse are pretty weak cpu-wise:

Great as thin clients as I have the Fujitsu variation and am using it as a thin client, but I don't think they'll be really usable otherwise even in a cluster.

Monoman

Oct 16, 2013

well. I still want the M920Q. ill pm ya

zer0sum

Mar 8, 2013
I think you'll be looking at the TMMs for sure as those Wyse are pretty weak cpu-wise:

Great as thin clients as I have the Fujitsu variation and am using it as a thin client, but I don't think they'll be really usable otherwise even in a cluster.
I hear you, but the plan is for a very minimal cluster, and I think it should work out ok.

One will be a teeny tiny proxmox node that only has to run 1-2 very light VM's in emergencies.
The other one will be a qdevice so I can have quorum with my big proxmox box winning all the time :D

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I hear you, but the plan is for a very minimal cluster, and I think it should work out ok.

One will be a teeny tiny proxmox node that only has to run 1-2 very light VM's in emergencies.
The other one will be a qdevice so I can have quorum with my big proxmox box winning all the time :D
I'd be interested to know how it turns out as these processors are weaker than an old lga775 q6600, and no one even wants one of those anymore even for <$10: