Lenovo M90n-IoT $200

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Reactions: Serhan and Patrick

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
If only it had 8GB ram it would have been a buy... not that I needed one. But they are good value machines. Problem when you see these deals is do you really need it haha

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
The problem with the Wyse 5070 is that the 2nd NIC is a unicorn. I think I'm the only person on this forum that has managed to get ahold of one?
Yeah, that's why I mentioned a few 3rd party NICs on the forum discussing the 5070 - one of them is a Commell M2-210, which is an Intel i217 based NIC - there are plans on Thingaverse on how to make a bracket that would work on one with a 5070, but they are kinda expensive, though. The 5070 is "kind of" my baby since I wrote the resource guide on a few of them, and I am eternally delaying my big fat formal writeup for it (even though I am sure there are tons of people out there using them already as ghettominimicro machines, and yes @Patrick, I am inventing that term to describe reusing thin clients as servers). Can't wait to see it replaced, though, preferably with something Ryzen V2000 embedded.

I would steer people towards the t640 if you want a cheap upgradeable machine that can do dual NICs (one Realtek, one Broadcom, not a winning combination for ESXi 7.0 but probably fine for pfsense), or if you want a cheap one-NIC low power node with a single DDR4 slot, look for a Lenovo m600 thin client (with Win10 IoT if you value Win10), or wait for the HP t540 to come out and see how the secondary market price it.

Last edited: