Lenovo M700/M900 BIOS mod to Coffee Lake CPUs

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Finbester

Aug 28, 2022
From my first tests i see that the CPU runs at 50 degrees Celsius just to boot up the os, do you have a similar experience?
I haven't got mine to work yet, I have a 8400t though. Mine does heat up from what I can feel with my fingers. I think others in this thread might be a better help to you, though.

Reactions: fedezuca

fedezuca

Jan 13, 2024
@fedezuca This could be the answer.
Ok I've tried this but still no Ethernet working, I've tried every possible combination of settings to mod the bios but nothing worked and the Ethernet still doesn't work. Can someone please share his coffeetime settings to run the 8100t on m700 tiny?
Everything else is perfectly working, CPU recognized and Linux running but it doesn't see the Ethernet port at alll
Thank you very much

titox

Feb 10, 2024
Hi, I have an m910x and a qtj2 cpu bought from aliexpress, I flashed the bios provided by the seller but appart from.not having the uuid and serial number the Pcie slot wasn't showing up qndnI wpuld like to mod my original bios dump, but I'm a bit lost regarding the changes in coffetime( microcodes, ME, etc) With mybown mod I have been able to boot but on reboot it does not start, I have to plug and unplug the machine which s not practical. Any pointers in the direction of what I should be doing would be great. regards

titox

Feb 10, 2024
So I can get my modded bios to run, but I guess my cpu might have pcie lanes disabled as per post #165/#167, I didn't know the chinese modded cpu's where the spin-up's' from that post. If I'm wrong please let me know, and stay away from the aliexpress modded cpu's if you need PCie to work on the tiny lenovo's. thank you

titox

Feb 10, 2024
Any recommendation for a 6/12 or 8/16 cpu for the m910x that retains the Pcie functionality? thank you.

home_company

Mar 21, 2023
Hi, I have an m910x and a qtj2 cpu bought from aliexpress, I flashed the bios provided by the seller but appart from.not having the uuid and serial number the Pcie slot wasn't showing up qndnI wpuld like to mod my original bios dump, but I'm a bit lost regarding the changes in coffetime( microcodes, ME, etc) With mybown mod I have been able to boot but on reboot it does not start, I have to plug and unplug the machine which s not practical. Any pointers in the direction of what I should be doing would be great. regards
for UUID and SN, there is a tool to write it back. See #130 and need some google translate. Or may also help on the be the PCI-E problem. You may need to download the pack from the page. I don't have that account also.