EU Some Brocade switches (ICX 6610 etc)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Ralph_IT

I'm called Ralph
Apr 12, 2021
/home
Will probably bite the bullet too with a 6450-24.
I was aiming for a 7150 series as the power consumption is lower, but the savings of the offer are far greater than the added wattage.
Don't know if I'll end with the POE or not. Any thoughts about?

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
Will probably bite the bullet too with a 6450-24.
I was aiming for a 7150 series as the power consumption is lower, but the savings of the offer are far greater than the added wattage.
Don't know if I'll end with the POE or not. Any thoughts about?
PoE is fun for things like APs, unless you don't have those.

monotux

Oct 23, 2019
Kiruna, Sweden
www.monotux.tech
I have the 6450-24 poe version, I'm currently only using it to power my sbc collection with adapters, which is nice. In the future I'll use it to power small stuff that takes 12v with a barrel plug converter, given that I can run a cat6 cable there.

heromode

May 25, 2020
Hello, after this thread was bumped i ordered a 6450-24P yesterday using bank transfer, and today i got a message that the 24 port PoE version had been sold out to buyers using paypal. The seller kindly offered the 6450-48P instead at no extra charge, which i accepted.

I've started working on the almost 300 page forum thread on this switch, so my questions might be answered there, but just quickly, according to the spec sheet, the 48P version draws 10W more as idle than the 24P version (31W vs. 21W).

But is this with cables connected to the extra 24 ports, just idle with no traffic, or do empty, unplugged ports also use the extra 10W idle power?

Anyways i know the extra fans can be removed / disconnected etc, but i will take this to the right thread, just wanted to post here specifically to note that these switches seem to be selling pretty fast now.

Regards, Mike

Edit, come to think of it, the first page on the forum thread states the 48P version comes with 2 or 3 fans, which means just the extra fans could account for the extra 10W power draw as idle?

Last edited:

tjk

Mar 3, 2013
Anyone buy from this guy that is based in the US? If so, how much was shipping?

monotux

Oct 23, 2019
Kiruna, Sweden
www.monotux.tech
I don't speak Dutch so I'm mostly guessing when using his site, but it doesn't seem that the US is a currently supported shipping destination. The same happened when I was about to buy my switch, so I just contacted the seller asking for an estimate and he added Sweden as a destination country.

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
Anyone buy from this guy that is based in the US? If so, how much was shipping?
I don't speak Dutch so I'm mostly guessing when using his site, but it doesn't seem that the US is a currently supported shipping destination. The same happened when I was about to buy my switch, so I just contacted the seller asking for an estimate and he added Sweden as a destination country.
This. If you're interested in a switch and he hasn't listed the country you better contact him directly.

heromode

May 25, 2020
I got one ICX6450-24P shipped to Madrid. :)
If you paid with paypal, it's probably one of the reason i today received my 48P for the price of a 24P.

(Again i stress the seller kindly offered the 48P because other buyers using paypal had bought all the available 24P models while my bank transfer was waiting to clear, props to the seller for prompt and excellent service.)

Arrived extremely well packaged, and externally in excellent looking condition. I'm still waiting for my USB to RJ45 console cable to arrive before i start playing with it. I hope it will work:

Gazechimp USB RJ45 Console cable 1.8 m Male to Female for Cisco Router

I'm currently at around page 100 of the megathread about this switch, and for my situation, the noise is very important, as i live in a small apartement. I know i can disable 2 of the 3 fans, because i will only use the 4 SFP+ ports plus a few gigabit ports in my small home lab.

I have from a previous life a box of high quality pabst 412/2 fans, which have a voltage range of 10-14 volts afaik, i can't find any data on 412/2 which is what the label on the fans say, but i assume they are the same as the 412 model:

https://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/ebm-papst/412?qs=P41GyhEsKL6uJ9%2bOkBH9Hw==

they have 3 wires, and i will try them out, but if they stop spinning after the output from the brocade controller drops to 4.5 volt, and are still more silent than the original fans at 12 volts, i plan to tap the 12 volt line just like member arglebargle did in the megathread (atleast up to page 100 lol)

Scarlet

Jul 29, 2019
I received my ICX6450-48P in perfect condition, very well packed and 100% working.

The three fans are turbines on startup but bearable once the switch is up and running :)

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
Screwed up something in the OP, I listed the 6610-24F-E twice instead of also listing the 24F-PE, whoops lol

Fixed that. Spoke to him today btw, heard he sent some switches to people in NL and someone in Denmark.