Lack of posted deals because of COVID-19?..duh!

Lack of posted deals because of COVID-19?

• Total voters
Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

NachoCDN

Apr 18, 2016
i'm new to this forum (long time lurker), but it seems that posts of good deals have started to dry up.. i know that prices around memory have gone up, can i assume that the lack of new deals on a daily basis is related to the current economic/covid-19 climate? could be a stupid question, so i'll don my flamesuit now...

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
That is part of it. Also, replacement cycles are getting elongated which means less used gear being decommissioned. Companies tend to spend money first to keep staff before spending on hardware purchases that can be pushed a few quarters.

NachoCDN

Apr 18, 2016
That is part of it. Also, replacement cycles are getting elongated which means less used gear being decommissioned. Companies tend to spend money first to keep staff before spending on hardware purchases that can be pushed a few quarters.
Ahem to that.. new purchases can certainly take a back seat to layoffs. i certainly consider myself lucky to be working during this time.

blinkenlights

May 24, 2019
i certainly consider myself lucky to be working during this time.
Agreed, being "essential" is a blessing even though it's stressful.

So, what kind of new deals are you looking for? I've got a pile of hardware in my basement I am slowly prepping to sell. Send me a private message if you like, or (checking to make sure this is General Chat) post your wish list here and maybe a seller will reach out to you.