Label Makers - Recommendations?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
Well our old brother label maker finally broke and we were less than 1/2 a roll from being out anyway so after 4+ years of service, it is time to change. We use the label maker in the lab and datacenters to affix IP info, domain names and (for the lab) login info.

Rechargeable but I've never heard of Dymo as a brand also expensive at $28. Amazon.com : DYMO LabelManager 280 Rechargeable Handheld Label Maker
Brother 6x AAA but I like it has a physical '.' key: Amazon.com : Brother P-touch Home and Office Labeler (PT-D200) : Label Makers : Office Products
Epson is one that has a '.' and maybe better marketing: Amazon.com: Epson LabelWorks LW-300 Label Maker: Office Products

Price tbh I don't care about. I'm torn between the physical '.' and rechargeable batteries. All look easy to get replacement tape for.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I think Dymo is owne by Rubbermaid Newell. I have that Dymo but not for so long that I can provide a review other than the lack of a period key is annoying.