EU Kioxia KHK61RSE1T92 (1.92 Tb, SATA III) = 135 GBP

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

XeonLab

Aug 14, 2016
I haven't seen that many SSD deals in Europe lately, but this seems decent. For the price of new consumer SSD you get a new (according to the seller) enterprise drive with good performance and PLP.

KIOXIA Toshiba 1.92TB SSD 2.5" SATA (KHK61RSE1T92) Enterprise Memory Drive | eBay (a bit cheaper, "some scratches and marks")

Specs: HK6-R Series | KIOXIA

Reactions: nikalai

XeonLab

Aug 14, 2016
Is this a bit worrying?

"SSD was tested only once and still indicates 0 hours on power (according to CrystalDiskInfo)"
I'll report when I get mine...
...and after two weeks in use the drive is churring nicely and has racked up hours as it should. Made in February '20, had zero GB's written so I'm 99,99% convinced of it being a new drive.

One small caution though; CrystalDiskInfo doesn't recognize the drive, other S.M.A.R.T applications (HDTune, smartmontools) work fine, not sure what's causing it.

Reactions: fossxplorer

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
I ordert 3x and I will see how good the are. I have a use case for. I want to use them to write Tiles to.

Magic8Ball

Nov 27, 2019
I picked up a couple myself. They're going to be a mirrored pair for hot/warm storage alongside my spinning rust. If they turn out to be legit it's a decent deal for what you get, certainly compared to consumer grade stuff at similar prices.

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
Sadly I could not afford more. Do you know if I can put them on my LSI, Broadcom Raid Card with an Raid 5?

Magic8Ball

Nov 27, 2019
Sadly I could not afford more. Do you know if I can put them on my LSI, Broadcom Raid Card with an Raid 5?
Not for sure, but I'd certainly hope they'd work given they're data center class drives from a well known manufacturer because most of them will spend their entire life in various types of raid arrays.

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
what i read many people, server, system,... use drives nower days as Virtual Raid, Software Raid,... mananged by the System not by a Controller.

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
Are you from UK? Sadly do to corona and the block of trucks (who the media say) there is a limit transport so the postservice is maybe not possible thats why the dont ship outside of UK.