Kingston 32GB DDR3 1066 Registered ECC Refurbished RAM Module $83.99 (Tigerdirect.com)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TubaMT

Jul 26, 2014
Hey y'all,

It's been a while since I've been on these forums and boy do I miss it!

Anyways, Tigerdirect has been having a huge liquidation sale since they were bought by PC Mall. Most of their inventory is long gone, and many things I have ordered have been put on backorder indefinitely, but this might be deal might be worth it to someone if it ships! I just had some items I had purchased that were on backorder shipped, though, so there's still hope that if someone were to put an order for this RAM module, that it would ship.

It is a Kingston 32GB DDR3 1066 Registered ECC Quad Rank low voltage (1.35V) RAM module for $83.99 + possible S/H & possible tax:
Kingston - DDR3L - 32 GB - DIMM 240-pin REFURB

Kingston shows this information:
Memory Search | Kingston

Tigerdirect is no longer offering returns, but this supposedly comes with a 3 month warranty from Kingston in case the memory is bad. You could always file a credit card dispute too if the RAM module ends up being bad. It's kind of a gamble with Tigerdirect though right now since many things are actually out of stock on their website even though it shows "in stock".

Good luck to anyone who needs or wants this! :)

Edit: It's expired now and no longer available :(

Last edited:

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Isn't this a bit expensive when you get 4 GB dimms for like 5-8 dollars on best offer?

TubaMT

Jul 26, 2014
Yes but if you need higher density this is cheap for a 32GB dimm
Yeah it's nice if you need higher density in one spot instead of multiple. Unfortunately, though, this was only 1 per customer. And now it seems like it is out of stock now too.

TubaMT

Jul 26, 2014
So how exactly do they refurb memory?
They were probably system pulls. But they do have a warranty so maybe they were returns, sent back to Kingston for recertification and then sold back to TigerDirect. I'm not sure though.

Havs

Sep 23, 2015
I know this particular deal may be sold out, but since they were brought up, TigerDirect is very much a buyer beware situation currently. Their auctions on ebay have been severely oversold, as have been the listings on their website. People over on Hardforum and Anandtech have been reporting that despite an order cancellation, their purchases aren't being refunded. If you decide to buy from them, make sure to keep a close eye on your orders. The company that bought them seems to be liquidating their reputation right along with their inventory.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
ya -- i'm waiting on only a $20 refund for sold too many items on ebay issue.... lame :(