Canada Kijiji - Toronto - 1000 CAD - SuperMicro X11DPG-QT mobo with 2x Xeon Silver & 512GB DDR4 (5+ available)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nachoguru

Oct 18, 2022
Let me know if this is the wrong board. This is not my Kijiji listing so I didn't want to put it in For Sale, as I can't really answer any questions about it.

But I have this habit of searching Kijiji (a site like Craigslist but by eBay) for things like "SuperMicro X11".

These sound like a really good value to me, but they are out of my league, so I thought I'd point my fellow STH-ers at them. I mean, look at those little angels, in a big box like a litter of kittens, they deserve a good home.

I haven't dealt with the seller (Adam) but he's been on Kijiji for 9 years. Not sure whether or where he'll ship. He doesn't say which Xeon Silver CPUs they are. No idea if they were really used for mining or something.

The original ad text for posterity:

Supermicro Motherboards X11DPG-QT (new), Motherboard holds 4 PCIE GPU's, Dual CPU.

Machines were built to test a software program and never used,
5 of the 7 are populated, two are not.
Willing to sell one by one or all together.

- 7 Motherboards in total
- Populated with the following
- Dual Intel Xeon Silver CPU's (with coolers)
- 1 Terabit SSD
- 512 DDR4 RAM
Motherboard specs are at:

Pics at the original listing. Good luck out there.

neobenedict

Oct 2, 2020
1000CAD for about 2-5x that in hardware is either a scam, stolen goods, or a placeholder price and the real price is when you PM him.

nachoguru

Oct 18, 2022
As I read it, the $1000 is for one board with 2 Xeons, 512GB RAM and 1TB hard drive... not for all 5-7 boards.

Is that how you read it when you say it's a scam? Or did you read it as $1000 for all of it?

Just curious because if it's that good a deal, suspiciously good, then I might actually go get one just to dip my toe in the water of working with GPUs and AI stuff here in the home.

I just don't have a good reason to, so I should stick to my 1U-only rackmounts for the day job and these won't fit. But boy are they shiny!

neobenedict

Oct 2, 2020
512GB of 32GB DDR4, even the cheapest 2133MHz is still over $1000 in itself. Way more if it's faster memory. The boards themselves are a good $500 each, and the cheapest xeon silvers are $100-$150 USD.

If they really are selling this at $750 USD then grab it up, it's an amazing deal.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
512GB of 32GB DDR4, even the cheapest 2133MHz is still over $1000 in itself.
Thats more than i paid for my last 1tb ddr4 2133mhz.

You are talking 6-12months ago pricing.
Even the ebay asking prices before they accept 15-20% less is barely at 1,2$/gb for lots like 512gb.

nachoguru

Oct 18, 2022
Remember these are Canadian dollars, not real ones... and that's not hating, I can say that as a Canadian. :) Currently 1.00 CAD = 0.74 USD.

So I remain obsessed with finding an excuse (and the budget) to buy these, but I checked the ad today and I see that it has been updated.

It no longer includes the RAM or SSD, so I guess they sold those already. (Please tell me someone here snagged that deal!)

Oh and they clarified which Xeons these are, the Xeon Silver 4210R.

Full current ad text for the historians:

Supermicro Motherboards X11DPG-QT (new),
Motherboard holds 4 PCIE GPU's, Dual CPU.
Machines were built to test a software program and never used, 5 of the 7 are populated, two are not.
Willing to sell one by one or all together.
($1,000.00 / per board asking)
Link to Supermicro board specs
X11DPG-QT | Motherboards | Products | Supermicro Link to Intel XEON Silver Spec https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca...sor-13-75m-cache-2-40-ghz/specifications.html
5 Motherboards with CPU's and Coolers install
2 Motherboards unpopulated / still in original sealed anti-stat
-Populated with the following - Dual Intel Xeon Silver CPU's (with coolers)
Intel XEON Silver Spec https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca...sor-13-75m-cache-2-40-ghz/specifications.html
Good luck out there and happy Black Friday / Cyber Monday / US Thanksgiving to all.

Spartus

Mar 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
No, I contacted the seller, made them verify some things. The RAM and SSDs were stripped and he was unaware. Its just CPUs, boards, a mix of 4u and 2u coolers, and some used power supplies. I'm still speaking with him as I still have some interest, but I mostly wanted the RAM. He updated his ad once he went through all the boxes for me.

nachoguru

Oct 18, 2022
Thank you Spartus, that clarifies things. If these fit in smaller enclosures I'd be all over them, but my wallet and my family are relieved to hear that I will stop plotting reasons to buy these.