Kernel Care -- Feedback

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
@rubylaser mentioned this CloudLinux product/service in another thread and for some reason I missed it in the past!

Who's using it? Opinions?

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
I've had good luck with CLoud Linux itself, so I don't expect any truly bad issues... but I'd really like to know of any "gotchas" ahead of time :)

A lot on WHT like it, some are against it out of principal, etc, but I haven't found any really negative about it except giving up some control/access to the kernel.

This + Proxmox subscription seem to make sense for a proxmox box that's not part of a HA cluster, am I missing something else here too?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I am not opposed to this if it is something folks here are interested in.

@T_Minus what is the HA cluster issue?

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
@Patrick no issue, just that the kernelcare subscription, and proxmox subscription make even more sense if your system isn't part of a HA cluster... ie: less downtime/rebooting using the subscription services for updates vs. manually doing it and rebooting a system that's not migrated guests to another host.

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
I would be interested in a review.
If you review their service, please consider reviewing Canonical's Livepatch Service (afaik it is free for up to 3 systems for personal use) as well.

I would be interested in seeing numbers on the time from a new kernel is released to an update is ready and installed.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Well my record setting uptime was just destroyed, time to update the kernal since I know she reboots safely now ha ha :)