Kemp load balancer

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Techie241

Nov 25, 2021
So, I tried to get fancy and have messed up somewhere and I am not sure where. basic rundown of the important part of my home network. I have a dell r620 running PF sense as my router. I have two lans on that 192.168.2.0/24 and 192.168.3.0/24. I had previously been running an Http web server using IIS and an emby server on ports 443 and 8192 respectively both off of my main desktop at 192.168.3.119. I decided I wanted to add a L7 load balancer since I am about to add an ESXi server and NAS that I wanted to be accessible from their sub domains on my website. So I got the kemp free load balancer and installed in in VMware on my main desktop. I then set up the VM to only bridge with the 192.168.3.0/24 domain and logged in fine, setup a virtual service at 192.168.3.150, I set up two sub virtual services pointing to my Main desktop on the right ports for the server. so far everything seemed fine. I then transfered my Domain Name to Cloudflare and setup with sub domains and installed the wildcard cert and intermediate cert on the Kemp Server. this is where I got my first problem as Kemp started saying my web server was down. nevertheless I set up the rules for sub domain forwarding and the emby server worked. then I deleted the domain names from IIS after trying a bunch of other things like changing the binding port and certificate and the Kemp load balancer is now saying that both servers are up. however, now I am getting a timeout error on both sites and I am not sure where to even start troubleshooting that.

Techie241

Nov 25, 2021
to anyone else who has this issue, make sure if you change your cloudflare SSL settings to try and figure out what's wrong that you change them back. I had set the server up for full(strict) but was trying to access the server while it was still set to flexible.

Reactions: mathiastro