JunOS Download

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

johnher917

Feb 16, 2023
Hello everyone, I have two Juniper SRX300, they are now JB version, can they be updated to JE version by replacing JunOS? Can you share JE os files? thanks,

Last edited:

VMman

Jun 26, 2013
I did thanks, however, they had the older 22.3R1-S2.3 release.

Managed to source the latest Junos SR, 22.4R2-S1 (27 Jul 2023)

If anyone requires a copy, PM me ;)

w32-blaster

Sep 12, 2023
Hi,

I have a second-hand SRX340 in my home lab which worked fine until now. I learned that the flash is dead and just ordered a new one.
Now my next problem will be how to find a proper junos software after I have a working flash in it.
Any suggestion how to find out which junos is compatible with my device and how to get that version?
All I know is that I had before the crash 15.1R49-D211. Do I have find a version from 15 or I can install newer ones as well?
And ultimately, can someone give me a compatible version package or a link to it?

Thanks in advance

fran.mvz

Sep 17, 2023
Hi all,

I purchased 2 Juniper QFX3500-48S4Q units on eBay and discovered they came without Junos installed :(.

I've been searching everywhere for the jinstall-qfx without success. Can someone help me?

Thanks,

voided

Oct 1, 2023
Hello All,

Does anyone have EX4300 Junos 21.4 R3 S4 code they could share with me? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much.

BinaryData

Dec 27, 2015
Good Lord it's been a hot minute since I've been on STH.

My question isn't for a firmware file, but rather the legalities behind this. Since I work for a Fortune 500 company, I'm wondering if it's OK for me to build a repository for these firmware files to share.

• Haha
Reactions: tinfoil3d

voided

Oct 1, 2023
@BinaryData
Good Lord it's been a hot minute since I've been on STH.

My question isn't for a firmware file, but rather the legalities behind this. Since I work for a Fortune 500 company, I'm wondering if it's OK for me to build a repository for these firmware files to share.
As your legal council I would suggest against that. Passing images that don't have identifying call-home features to people who are using them in their homelab alone is is victimless small impact stuff that can't really be traced. In fact, it probably increases market share for a company to have someone learn their device syntax so they would be comfortable putting the equipment in their work environment in a legitimate way at a later date. But, hosting a public FTP which has proprietary operating system images? That's begging for a C&D at minimum.

Juniper tech support gave me the runaround and wouldn't grant my account even though I read online that people had been granted accounts just to download code. They're cracking down on something as simple as that. I had a ticket open for two weeks just to get shut down. They're not as consumer friendly as I was lead to believe. Impressive switching capacity and feature set for price though, at least.

Reactions: fohdeesha

x-cimo

Apr 25, 2012
Hello, I am looking for J-Web for 12.3R12-S21 (EX3200 if that matters).

Thank you!

BinaryData

Dec 27, 2015
@BinaryData

As your legal council I would suggest against that. Passing images that don't have identifying call-home features to people who are using them in their homelab alone is is victimless small impact stuff that can't really be traced. In fact, it probably increases market share for a company to have someone learn their device syntax so they would be comfortable putting the equipment in their work environment in a legitimate way at a later date. But, hosting a public FTP which has proprietary operating system images? That's begging for a C&D at minimum.

Juniper tech support gave me the runaround and wouldn't grant my account even though I read online that people had been granted accounts just to download code. They're cracking down on something as simple as that. I had a ticket open for two weeks just to get shut down. They're not as consumer friendly as I was lead to believe. Impressive switching capacity and feature set for price though, at least.
Oh, none of the firmware we use for Juniper/Cisco is proprietary. It's downloaded directly from Juniper/Cisco's website, it just gets tested thoroughly in the lab before being pushed into production.

But I get ya.

CelticWebs

Feb 1, 2024
Hi all,

I purchased 2 Juniper QFX3500-48S4Q units on eBay and discovered they came without Junos installed :(.

I've been searching everywhere for the jinstall-qfx without success. Can someone help me?

Thanks,
Hi,

Did you manage to find an os? I have one and while it has an OS, it’s so old that many current features just don’t exist.

Did you have any luck?

747builder

Dec 17, 2017
The images are around, just verify the checksum with the one at Juniper.
Hi,

Did you manage to find an os? I have one and while it has an OS, it’s so old that many current features just don’t exist.

Did you have any luck?
The images are around, just verify the checksum with Junipers before installing the image. searching for the filename on google will get you some hits to download.

CelticWebs

Feb 1, 2024
The images are around, just verify the checksum with the one at Juniper.

The images are around, just verify the checksum with Junipers before installing the image. searching for the filename on google will get you some hits to download.
Thanks for the response, so you know what it's likely to be called for me to search for it please?

CelticWebs

Feb 1, 2024
Looking a little further, I can see the most recent version for a QFX3500 is junos os 15.1R7, though I can't find anywhere to download it. Does anybody have an install copy by any chance please?