juniper ex2200 configuration

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

thetoad

Feb 10, 2021
I was given a ex2200 for free, and I can't figure out how to reset it (also don't have a working console cable at this point in time, but working on that). Is it possible to reset it where I can easily connect a free ethernet port on a machien to its management port to then continue the configuration (i.e. resets it to a known IP / no dhcp). or after any reset it would first need to be configured via the console/mgmt port?

any advice would be useful, I can't tell how its configured right now, but I do know that not all the ports are on the same vlan (a simple test of connecting a port to my current network and then 2 ports to both the idrac and an ethernet port on a dell I'm working with show that one of the ports is on the same vlan as what I'm using for uplink, but not the other. (i.e. when I switch them around, I can connect normally to one, but not the other, and vice versa).

klui

Feb 3, 2019
No way to factory reset the switch through hardware on the EX2200. Default configuration won't set management IP in-band or OOB.

thetoad

Feb 10, 2021
so basically I need the console cable? and then do the boot into single user mode concept? ok, off to talk to IT people at work to see if I can borrow one quickly.