EU Joblot 4 x BigFoot XXL (48x3.5"+8x2.5") (DEAD)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DieBlub

Dec 11, 2017
Yeah I thought I missed the timer first. Weird, I thought it was going for a day longer. Maybe waiting to long was not the way to go. Sucks, but maybe another deal another day.

Lennong

Jun 8, 2017
Got this weird PM from a dude that signed up here just to send me a PM bashing me for destroying his opportunity to make a buck:

Code:
Hi

I am writing this as delicate as possible even though I am very very mad at you !
I was going to bid on that lot , and your post here got it a lot of interest.
Seller says he was contacted a few times by people who said they found it in a forum
Nobody on here is your real friend and i have learnt people think of themselves
Rather buy such a thing and then say on forum you have 3 to sell
if you post a link to it , the forum members will go get it for themselves
Because it got so much interest seller has taken it down ::(
Surely to put them on single for a high high price
one thing about these bigfoott's that nobody is telling you
They do not have generic caddies , you have to order from manufacturer giving each units serial number to get them made up
48 X £40 per caddies adds up !!!! £1920 just for caddies for one bigfoot
So you did not just screw it for me but for yourself as well
:(
Never share a bargain
it wll be stolen away from you

Abnyway good luck with it all
Brendon
There are some weird people out there... :rolleyes:

Lennong

Jun 8, 2017
Got my kit delivered today. Extremely well packed with all bits and bobs included. Screws and all. Clean and very nice overall. The sleds are as I thought very simple to duplicate in a 3D printer if you disregard the LED tracer bits that are separate but not essential. Good airflow. German engineering at it's best.

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
It looks like the seller received a good enough offer to take them off ebay and sell privately? Fair enough - my disappointment would be with the seller not anyone on this board.

sotonguy

Jan 19, 2021
Got my kit delivered today. Extremely well packed with all bits and bobs included. Screws and all. Clean and very nice overall. The sleds are as I thought very simple to duplicate in a 3D printer if you disregard the LED tracer bits that are separate but not essential. Good airflow. German engineering at it's best.
Hey Lennong, I've this evening purchased a Bigfoot XXL for myself but am fairly certain the sledges/caddies will not be included as the price was a bit cheaper. I have a 3D printer and was wondering if you'd modelled up a STL and if not whether you'd please mind loaning me a single caddy to allow me to measure and model. I'm UK based and would be more than happy to pay postage both ways.

Lennong

Jun 8, 2017
Hey Lennong, I've this evening purchased a Bigfoot XXL for myself but am fairly certain the sledges/caddies will not be included as the price was a bit cheaper. I have a 3D printer and was wondering if you'd modelled up a STL and if not whether you'd please mind loaning me a single caddy to allow me to measure and model. I'm UK based and would be more than happy to pay postage both ways.
Do you have a link to the seller / auction?

sotonguy

Jan 19, 2021
Ok. I haven't modelled any STL yet. I'm a bit reluctant to send out stuff to someone that signed up today only for that purpose. I'm going to see if I can take out the measurer and do some measurments in a day or two.
Not a problem at all, I can understand the reluctance, especially as I have a new account. If you wouldn't mind even taking some of the main measurements and posting those, I'd be more than happy to do the modelling and share with you afterwards.

I am quite an active user on Reddit Datahoarder and am happy to send you across my ebay profile and/or purchase one of the caddies from you via ebay if it would be better for you.

In any case, thank you for coming back to me on this

Reactions: gb00s

Lennong

Jun 8, 2017
Not a problem at all, I can understand the reluctance, especially as I have a new account. If you wouldn't mind even taking some of the main measurements and posting those, I'd be more than happy to do the modelling and share with you afterwards.

I am quite an active user on Reddit Datahoarder and am happy to send you across my ebay profile and/or purchase one of the caddies from you via ebay if it would be better for you.

In any case, thank you for coming back to me on this
PM sent.

Lennong

Jun 8, 2017
Ok. I have taken a couple photos and measured it. I couldn't be bothered with the middle holes. Also not the cuts for the LED tracers (side with two cuts). Basic measurments:

Lenght: 111.6mm
Width: 20mm
Thickness: 6mm
Cut position: 10mm (exactly in the middle)
Cut width: 3mm
Cut depth: 3.5mm
Holes distance from either short side: +5mm, +106.6mm
Hole distance from the nearest long side: 4mm
Hole diameter: 2mm
Countersink diameter: 5mm
Countersink depth: 4.5mmbracket4.jpgbracket3.jpg

Last edited:

sotonguy

Jan 19, 2021
Thansk Lennog, new model create and on Thingiverse - Bigfoot XXL Server Hard Drive (HDD) Tray by douglasthepug :)

I'm going to do a test print today and then am considering adjusting the design to make it faster to print/improve thermals. I'm thinking there could be more cutouts on either side of the middle notch to reduce material usage and increase the ability of air to get the side of the drive but I'm probably over engineering things at this point!

Screenshot 2021-01-28 092244.png

Lennong

Jun 8, 2017
Yes, that looks more like it. I'm not gifted with star wars laser beam tools to measure that distance so once you got a chance to test it we will know for sure.