ITX board with socket CPU and 10GBe

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Szydl0

Nov 8, 2017
Hello together,
I'm looking for an ITX board with socket for CPU and 10Gbit ethernet (preferred SFP+). I want to use it in NSC-800 and I need PCI-E for HBA.

However, all of the 10GBe ITX boards I found are with integrated Xeon-D. What is the reason of this? Can we expect boards with sockets in near future?

Last edited:

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Hello together,
I'm looking for an ITX board with socket for CPU and 10Gbit ethernet (preferred SFP+). I want to use it in NSC-800 and I need PCI-E for HBA.

However, all of the 10GBe ITX boards I found are with integrated Xeon-D. What is the reason of this? Can we expect boards with sockets in near future?
I don't there are any Mini-ITX boards with onboard 10Gb that are not embedded platforms.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
Sockets take up much room on a mobo and the 10g sfp+ cages take up lots of I/o space.

bitrot

Aug 7, 2017
No socketed Mini ITX board with 10Gbe ports that I'm aware of. Plenty uATX or proprietary (8" x 13") boards to choose from, though.