Issues with Adaptec RAID 72405

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

python with a hat

Sep 10, 2022
MaxView can't find the controller or attached drives (3 4tb barracuda) but sudo lspci -v shows the controller and installed driver. Does anyone know what might be the issue? Is it because I'm using a consumer motherboard (msi mag x570 tomahawk) because I taped over smbus on the pcie card since I heard that may cause some issues on consumer motherboards but it didn't do anything from what I can tell.Screenshot_20220910_141914.pngScreenshot_20220910_142044.pngScreenshot_20220910_163943.png Nobara is just Fedora with some game related patches and software pre-installed

python with a hat

Sep 10, 2022
Firmware update? Can you access the card's BIOS option ROM / preboot environment? Try it on another system?
It can be accessed from the bios but there isn't too much there other than some simple config options like the alarm buzzer and I don't have another system to test it on. Also, sometimes it doesn't get detected by the system at all during boot, not showing up in lspci and can be pulled from the pcie slot with no adverse effects

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
Also, sometimes it doesn't get detected by the system at all during boot, not showing up in lspci and can be pulled from the pcie slot with no adverse effects
If the card is not even detected in bios I would say it's dead/dying.
(Or not properly inserted in the pice slot. I had this recently with multiple add on cards on a m12swa)