Issue with MOCA Adapter on OmniOS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Davewolfs

Aug 6, 2015
So a very odd issue that I am seeing.

I've recently acquired some ECB6200 Moca 2.0 adapters.

When I am downloading off of my CIFS share through the adapter, I am getting full speed equivalent to a 1GBE connection. The issue is that when I attempt to copy a file over the Moca adapter into the share managed by OmniOS I see speeds of 35mb/sec. If I use the exact same machine to transmit the exact same file but do so using my ethernet connection I am able to saturate the 1GBe connection. That is same machine to same share but using ethernet will get full speed.

Now, you would think it is the adapters but I don't believe it is. If I connect two machines directly via adapters I get full speed. If I setup a share inside another VM e.g. simple Windows share I can also copy into the share at full speed.

The issue only happens when copying to the OmniOS CIFS share and the OmniOS CIFS share performs perfectly fine except when using the Moca adapter.

Any thoughts? This seems really strange.

Davewolfs

Aug 6, 2015
Fixed via:

ipadm set-prop -p recv_buf=1048576 tcp
ipadm set-prop -p send_buf=1048576 tcp
ipadm set-prop -p max_buf=2097152 tcp

svcadm restart smb/server

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
I use these settings across my 10G vnics in AIO configs hosting NFS, never an issue.

ipadm set-prop -p max_buf=4194304 tcp
ipadm set-prop -p recv_buf=1048576 tcp
ipadm set-prop -p send_buf=1048576 tcp

NICE fix btw! I gotta admit though i was laughing initially yesterday when i read this and though 'wtf are moca adapter' and laughed even harder when i went nad looked them up :p

GL good sir, that's thinkin' outside the box!

Reactions: Davewolfs