iSer Driver for VMWare 6.5

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
Isn't iSER a VMWare 6.7 "thing"? Besides, even after you installed iSER you'll still need the iSCSI target on the other side to support it (i.e. not FreeNAS)

Connorise

Mar 2, 2017
US. Cambridge
"Isn't iSER a VMWare 6.7 "thing"? Besides, even after you installed iSER you'll still need the iSCSI target on the other side to support it (i.e. not FreeNAS)"

This is true, I've been looking for the SDS solution that will be able of supporting iSER and utilizing iSCSI protocol, and I the only one that I've found was StarWind VSAN. From what I am aware they have a trial version so you can give them a shot.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
"Isn't iSER a VMWare 6.7 "thing"? Besides, even after you installed iSER you'll still need the iSCSI target on the other side to support it (i.e. not FreeNAS)"

This is true, I've been looking for the SDS solution that will be able of supporting iSER and utilizing iSCSI protocol, and I the only one that I've found was StarWind VSAN. From what I am aware they have a trial version so you can give them a shot.
Well, technically, any FreeSolaris based OS with COMSTAR (Common Multiprotocol SCSI TARget) should be able to do RDMA provided that you use a Mellanox card with it, which is kind of the reason why I want to test it with Napp-It on OpenIndiana Hipster or something similar.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Yes. It's clearly written on the far right corner of the post. Thanks for pointing it out.
Isn't that the left corner?;)

Are you planning for direct connection or do you have a PFC capable switch?