Is this Intel S3710 in good health?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

maxermaxer

Oct 28, 2016
I've got this disk from eBay and put it on the Intel SSD tool for testing. Here is what I get. Is this SSD in good health? Am I testing the Intel SSD in a right way? What is the best way to know its life expectancy? Thank you in advance!

Intel SSD 3710 - 2.JPG Intel SSD 3710 - 3.JPG Intel SSD 3710 - 4.JPG Intel SSD 3710.JPG

keybored

May 28, 2016
Looks like this drive was in use for about half a year with virtually nothing written to it. Even the amount of data read is negligible. It's essentially new. Intel SSD toolbox itself has a screen that shows you overall drive health and this one should be showing 100%. In terms of life expectancy, you'll have to really try hard to kill an S3710. These drives are rated for 10 drive writes per day for 5 years.

Reactions: maxermaxer

maxermaxer

Oct 28, 2016
Looks like this drive was in use for about half a year with virtually nothing written to it. Even the amount of data read is negligible. It's essentially new. Intel SSD toolbox itself has a screen that shows you overall drive health and this one should be showing 100%. In terms of life expectancy, you'll have to really try hard to kill an S3710. These drives are rated for 10 drive writes per day for 5 years.
Thanks! Is it possible for seller to rewrite the SMART information? Is that easy to do for S3710?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keybored

May 28, 2016
Thanks! Is it possible for seller to rewrite the SMART information? Is that easy to do for S3710?
Intel engineering teams may have access to tools like that, so it's probably easy if you have access to those tools. If this drive is from some random seller on eBay then it's unlikely they'd have such access.

Reactions: maxermaxer

maxermaxer

Oct 28, 2016
Intel engineering teams may have access to tools like that, so it's probably easy if you have access to those tools. If this drive is from some random seller on eBay then it's unlikely they'd have such access.
Thank you! Very helpful!