Is there a x16 card with 4xNVME slots out there?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019
Possibly with hardware RAID, not for storage, purely for maximum bandwidth analytical processing, pretty much a load and do some work and then flush and start again scenario... need terabytes (8tb) whence RAM not really an option, not a Nasa budget unfortunately.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
LSI/Broadcom 9405W-16i. For hardware RAID, I've only seen PCIe x8 (9460-16i). There are lots of cards that take 4 M.2 drives as well, which you could use with M.2 to U.2 adapters.

Reactions: Dreece

mineblaster

Jan 16, 2019
there is some supermicro cards like....

AOC-SLG3-4E4R | Add-on Cards | Accessories | Products - Super Micro Computer, Inc. (if you motherboard supports bifurcation)

and

AOC-SLG3-4E4T | Add-on Cards | Accessories | Products - Super Micro Computer, Inc. (more expensive due to the PLX switch but should work with no bios tinkering)

i was doing some research a few weeks ago for fitting 12 drives in a server for home as like a caching nas over i scsi or somthing :)

i didnt see you needed hardware raid theres these

NVMe RAID Category

they are like 400 to 450 usd on ebay

Last edited:
Reactions: Dreece

Arvind Sankar

Dec 6, 2018
I'm using one of those highpoint ones (the quad U.2), has a PLX switch and works fine for me.

Note that the Broadcom 9400 series exports the NVME drives as SCSI drives to the OS rather than native NVME. Not sure how much of a performance limitation that might be.

ClintE

Feb 22, 2019
ASRock card is great, if not booting from it, just set the slot it's in to 4x4x4x4. If booting from the card, have to also use UEFI settings.