Is the LSI integrated adapter dead?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nilsga

Mar 8, 2011
Hi!

First of all. Thanks for a great site! I just recently discovered it, and the articles and reviews are excellent and just what I'm looking for.

Then to the problem. I bought an OEM Tyan S2915-E (from an XW9400 workstation) off eBay, accepting the risks as it was sold "as is". The board works perfectly, except I can't get the onboard LSI 1068E adapter to work. I've tried re-flashing it with new firmware/BIOS as described in some articles on this site, but all attempts fail with the error message "controller not operational" or something. During the flash attempt I also noticed some error messages that the process fails to reset the card. The card is enabled in the BIOS. I assume this means that the controller is dead, but thought I should check with you experts to see if you have any opinions? Anything I could try to get this thing going?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I have never flashed a Tyan onboard. Maybe contact Tyan support about this?

nilsga

Mar 8, 2011
I could try the HP forums I guess. But I don't see why it should be any different than flashing a stand-alone LSI 1068e card, and if it fails, it should fail for the same reason as a stand-alone card.