Is free non-production ScaleIO gone with the merger?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I can't seem to find any download links for the latest version(s), all of them re-direct to a generic DellEMC landing page for ScaleIO here: ScaleIO Software Defined Storage & Cloud Block Storage

Can't find any word about it. I guess it's been "integrated directly into hardware" is what I've learned? Weird.

Comment from a random chat representative: "ok unfortunately we have discontinued the free trial"

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
If I login it says access to this place is restricted. Someone on reddit said it requires a valid EMC support contract.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
EMC Community Network - DECN: Space: ScaleIO

although i cant find the actual download link...

but it still says:
Start your ScaleIO Software-Defined Storage experience with a fully functional no-charge software download with no time limit.

And: "The document entered can not be loaded. Click edit to select a different document to display. " were the download links should be

Still no sign of scaleIO NEXT

Last edited:

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Hm i guess so.
Too bad, it had potential. Was not as polished as I had wished (not the ease of use of VSAN) so I hoped for 3.0 but that won't happen then...

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
I dunno, I googled and downloaded 2.5 last night without any issue. I had to create an account, but I was able to find the download and get all of the 2.5 installers.

I guess there's a newer version you are trying to get?

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
VxFlex OS (Formerly ScaleIO Software) ... maybe had just been taken down for rebranding ?:)

markarr

Oct 31, 2013
Code:
New features for ScaleIO
Learn about the new features introduced in the ScaleIO 2.5 software.

Deployment with non-root user In Linux environments, you can now deploy a ScaleIO cluster using a non-root sudo user in non-interactive mode.

SDC IP address association To enable you to have more control over your ScaleIO system, you can set your system to run in restricted mode. This mode requires you to map volumes only to SDCs which have been previously approved by the user, by configuring them either by IP address or GUID.

Multiple LDAP server support ScaleIO now supports the use of multiple LDAP servers.

SDC disconnection alerts The system now generates alerts when disconnections occur between SDCs and SDSs.

Operating system support ScaleIO now also supports the following operating systems: l AIX 7.2 (for SDC core component only) l ESXi 6.5 U1 l XEN 7.1 l XEN 7.2
Code:
Learn about the changed features for ScaleIO 2.5. 

Simplified deployment of ScaleIO Ready Node During deployment, you can perform the following: 
Configure the DNS and NTP server addresses for all of the ScaleIO OS images and hypervisors
Assign a name label to each node
Assign a location label to each node
Assign comments to nodes for troubleshooting purposes 
New deployment UI buttons provide the ability to select all, apply to all, and filter by S/N or by name. 

AMS recovery improvements 
Recovering an AMS server that has gone down now includes recovery of all of its nodes, as well as vCenter and ESRS information. The improved process is achieved by saving a backup of the current AMS configuration files on the MDM nodes that use them. This shortens the recovery time significantly, and eliminates the need to scan nodes to rebuild the repository. 

AMS log collection improvements 
You can collect logs in a ScaleIO Ready Node AMS environment using the GUI, the AMS CLI, and the REST API. Log collection has been enhanced in the following ways: l In addition to the ScaleIO and AMS Logs, now RAID controller, iDRAC, and OS logs (including ESX) are collected. l You can make on-the-fly selection of which log types to collect and on which nodes. l The multi-phase collection process enables you to know log file size and to manage space and resource limits before they occur. l In the deployment wizard, a log collection button was added to simplify collecting logs during this process. 

Compute and Network feature enhancements
vSphere 6.5 is now supported
Networking flexibility enhancements: 
Any port, on any node, can now be selected for Compute networking use
Up to three vSwitches \ DVS can now be configured
Up to 10 VM networks can now be configured per vSwitch \ DVS
User experience improvements

Reactions: frogtech

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Hmm may 29th 2018 ?
Forum artical still says no 4Kn support yet.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
1.32 would be weird considering that the last available version was 2.5?

But 2.6 is out...
upload_2018-5-29_11-10-52.png

Again, can't find the Release notes...

@markarr where did you find it last time?

Edit: Documentation only atm, can't find a download either (would be here if it was available)

Edit2: Release Notes might be listed here: EMC Community Network - DECN: ScaleIO Software Only: Documentation Library, but only 2.5 available atm (Also has a link to dl).

Last edited:

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
So just fyi - "2.6" now contains download links to 2.5 Build 254 from July 19th... link above working

Reactions: frogtech