Irc?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SliPC

May 11, 2012
Pa
Hey, I am sure almost all of the members here have used irc. I was hoping we might be able to get an irc server. It would be great to have real time collaboration.

Its just a thought since everyone here has a server lol!

TheBay

Feb 25, 2013
UK
I find IRC very useful for sharing projects, code and helping others with things. It's a bit antiquated but it works well.

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
How about a shoutbox for VBulletin or something a bit more up to date.

The downside is that the major advantage using the forums is that more than a few can benefit from the forum as its info is available more or less any time. Getting this sort of info regarding builds or fixes via an IRC or a chatbox means it is either lost fairly soon or archived with lots of other general chit chat and so hard to find what you are looking for. Unless someone is going to be taking minutes of the chats and turning them in to informative posts (I think we all have better things to do with our lives TBH), I feel it will detract from the main forums.

Maybe a general chit chat shoutbox or something like that may be a compromise. It would be nice to be able to interactively chit chat with others here, even if I am currently 12 hours ahead of the US (EST) and 8 hours ahead of the UK (GMT/UTC) at the moment.

RB