IPMI Viewer KVM Console Color issue

Discussion in 'Processors and Motherboards' started by Jiaxinxi, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Jiaxinxi

Jiaxinxi New Member

I am using IPMI Viewer 20 to connect to SuperMicro X9DRi-F motherboard.

Everything works great except the color of the kvm console is distorted. Everything seems tainted with green.

As you can see from the attached screenshot.

How can I address this issue?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. AveryFreeman

AveryFreeman ESXi + ( ILLUMOS / ZFS ) = HAPPY

Did you ever get this resolved? My server just started doing it too - X9SCL-F.

3. Jiaxinxi

Jiaxinxi New Member

No, I still have this issue.

4. AveryFreeman

AveryFreeman ESXi + ( ILLUMOS / ZFS ) = HAPPY

Sorry to hear that!

After I responded to your thread, I noticed I wasn't having the same issue on a Windows VM I use as a desktop w/ GPU passthrough. I am only having issues with my Thinkpad running Ubuntu 20.04.

Maybe you could try another machine or another version of IPMIView to see if that's the issue(?)

Here's what my Ubuntu IPMIView looks like: upload_2020-2-7_19-37-8.png

I will try a different version of IPMIView just to see if that's the issue.

Edit: I found a link to the successor of the old Supermicro FTP site: www.supermicro.com - /wftp/

IPMIView folder is here: www.supermicro.com - /wftp/utility/IPMIView/

Edit edit: Went from 2.16 to 2.17 and didn't get any better :(

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    Germini00 and Jiaxinxi like this.
  5. Germini00

Germini00 New Member

I am having the same issue with a Supermicro X9SCM-F since very short time I own it, first when trying to use webserver to use KVM didn't work didn't connect and I had security alerts which I couldn't bypass even after whitelisting the IP in java settings. I downloaded IPMI View 2.17 and worked but having the same color issues as OP. I upgraded IPMI/BMC to Firmware Revision : 03.52 before It was 1.86. Now I can use browser KVM and all working fine BUT IPMI View 2.17 has the same color issues. Tried IPMI View 2.16 same color issues.

I realized that when using in browser KVM it was using "JAVA iKVM Viewer v1.69.21" and using IPMI View it was using "JAVA iKVM Viewer v1.69.20".

So the question is how to change the IPMI View to use JAVA iKVM Viewer v1.69.21 instead of v1.69.20. When analyzing "launch.jnlp" file it uses iKVM__V1.69.21.0x0.jar but I couldn't download it when trying http://IP/iKVM__V1.69.21.0x0.jar I get 404 error

I think getting this file and replacing it in IPMI View folder would make it work fine. Maybe someone could help on this

6. Jiaxinxi

Jiaxinxi New Member

Thanks for your information!