IPMI resizing issue

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Ellwood

Nov 20, 2016
I don't know if this should go here or in another forum like the Linux one.

When I install Windows Server or ESXi over IPMI, no issues. I'm trying to play around with Proxmox and I get this:
debian bs.PNG

It also happens when I tried to install Ubuntu desktop. I played around with a few settings, but nothing seems to work. At least if I install Ubuntu, I can tab over to the "accept" or "finish" (it only happens on the 'user, username, computer name, and password' screen for Ubuntu desktop)

This is on a Supermicro server, but I've seen this issue on my Asrock Rack board as well.

Any help is appreciated! I already had to downgrade back to Java 8 121 for my Asrock board.

Ellwood

Nov 20, 2016
Thanks! That worked for the Supermicro! No idea why that would be a big deal, but I appreciate it.

vl1969

Feb 5, 2014
that makes a different because Ubuntu and Proxmox have no native support for UEFI so they get messed up resolution display when you use it.
I get the same issue with my test Hyper-V setup.(I run test installs of Proxmox as nested virtualization on Hyper-V)
if I use Gen2 VM(UEFI default BIOS emulation ) it almost impossible to install Proxmox on it. I say almost as I did it once, it was a pain.