IPMI On Supermicro X9 Boards

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Gh123098uuu

Jan 7, 2021
Help.

I have a supermicro blade chassis, 5037MR-H8TRF, with a few blades with X9 boards.

The seller had previously used IPMI effectively (this is something I confirmed to be true) even so much as providing login info. However I can't get a link, even after resetting and cold rebooting BMC with ipmicfg, and resetting all vlan tags etc. and configuring. This was successful.

BMC is reported as working but "no connect" for status in the BIOS. No link light comes on.

I know the static network info is correct, as I've connected to the switch and put a laptop on the same static IP to test it and got connectivity, as well as connectivity to the NIC ports.

Anyone have any help?

StevenDTX

Aug 17, 2016
One more thing you could check... I think the default for IPMI is "SHARED PORT". Try hooking up to one of the other ports.

Gh123098uuu

Jan 7, 2021

Lol, the cables are good (tested) and I tried the same cable.

Good idea with the negotiation / link speed thing.

When working on the blade I both reset IPMI settings in the bios, as well as reset settings booting IPMICFG from DOS, removing all old VLAN tags and network info, and resetting the BMC.

Thanks.

webjunkie

Mar 17, 2016
I would try reflashing the firmware without saving settings from the old, if you haven't done so already.