IPMI 8 bit color - Supermicro X9DR3-F

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ServerNeophyte

Feb 28, 2020
Hi everyone,
Completely new to the amazing world of servers. Got myself a great deal on a server.
Anyhow, started fiddling around with the KVM console through IPMI yesterday.
My question is, the color palette of the console seems to be 8 bits, and I can't seem to figure out why ?
All the videos I see online have the full color gamut, but mine does not. It works completely fine though, it's just annoying, it's really on the greenish side.
If I bought using the integrated GPU, it works fine too. Colors are fine.
Any ideas ?
thank you

edit: typo
edit: maybe it's not the right section, I just saw Virtualization and thought about IPMI, but I might be wrong

Last edited:

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
What OS are you using on the machine?
Are you using a different graphics card (even integrated) separately from the IPMI graphics controller at the same time?
Have you updated the IPMI firmware?

Have you tried IPMIView? It's Supermicro's bundled management application, it comes complete with all the files needed for an experience that should "just work".
You can find it here (scroll down a bit): Supermicro Intelligent Management (IPMI) | Supermicro Server Management Utilities | Supermicro