IP Controlled Rack PDU

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Falloutboy

Oct 23, 2011
I am looking for some cost effective rack mountable IP controlled PDU's, I would like to say if I had six power outlets connected to 1 mains socket be able to turn on or off individual plugs without having to futs to much, it would be good if it had the ability as well to mutually exclude a set I.E if the binary for all outlets on was 111111 then 101010 would turn off the appropriate ports and 010101 would invert this. It would be good too if it wasn't as raw as to use binary but instead had a nice remote control GUI. All it needs to do is switch things on and off, not monitor power usage, supply the power itself or anything else. It would be the equivilent of a 6 port domestic power board with power switches and a cable to plug into the wall except the switch control would be done via ethernet.

Cost effective to me means : reliable and won't catch fire but at the same time the price is low enough for you to be glad it didn't.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
I think you could even get the most basic APC PDU. They are dirt cheap on eBay. I forget if the older ones will let you do port groups, but if not, it would be fairly simple to create a script to telnet in and switch on/off multiple outlets sequentially.

psc

Jun 30, 2019
Restoring lost content:

Keep an eye out for a Raritan PX on eBay; they do both zero-U and 1U\2U units, seem solid and are well-priced in the UK\US.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Avocent PM1000/2000/3000 ?
Does need a browser work around or IE compatibility mode due to old tech though.