Inventec B601GA2. Cheap Dual 2011-3 with OCP slots

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

s0lid

Feb 25, 2013
Tampere, Finland
Pretty cheap dual LGA2011-3 boards on ebay right now if you don't mind introducing your chassis with angle grinder due to OCP slot (assuming it'll be used). There's no onboard nic and that single ethernet connector is for IPMI/BMC. SAS connectors seem to be for SATA connectivity.

Received mine on last friday. It's bit wider than normal EATX board but at quick glance it should fit into supermicro EEATX chassis. Power connectors are plain normal 24pin ATX and 8-pin EPS.

Currently most of these boards are sold on ebay as 2011-0/DDR3 boards so don't do the same mistake as I made. Not that I really mind as I've CPUs and use for it eventually.

My SC213 test bench on my couch. Pair of E5-2690v3's and 2x32GB loaner ram installed for quick test. I don't own any DDR4 at the moment and was only able loan some ram for this evening. So I can't do really extensive testing, just wanted to make sure the board works.

Fan spin and blinking debug lights is always a good sign.

Boots into bios/uefi without any boot media/nics installed.

Didn't even mind about the ES chips. Haven't tested if v4 cpus work (yet). Next step for this board is to get fabricobbled into SC213 chassis.

Reactions: Marsh

s0lid

Feb 25, 2013
Tampere, Finland

Only 3 of the 9 mounthing holes don't align. Adding mounthing points shouldn't be too hard, ought to drill holes through the bottom of the chassis and secure 6-7mm long m3 nylon extensions with 3mm long m3 sunkhead screws from the outside. I/O area is also little too wide to fit into normal case but good thing the lower VGA port standoff can be removed to fix that problem.

Spacing of the Pcie slots is odd. Normally the spacing between slots is roughly 20mm, on this board the spacing is 25mm. Left side pci-e slot aligns correctly.

C4PPY

Jun 14, 2013
Denmark
@s0lid Have you tried a GPU in one of the PCI-e ports? I recived a similar board and can get a NIC to work in the PCI-e but the machine does not see if I put a GPU in it.
Have you gotten the build done?

Janiashvili

Dec 16, 2016
Hello,
Resurrecting this old thread, I solved PCIe (Video Card) mystery at least on v3 DDR3 board but I have a question:

BIOS is slow to render, changing pages, loading text takes time, navigation in general, isn't instant

Changing subjects seems to be okay speed when nothing is to load on screen, but idk

What can be the cause, is it dangerous? Windows booted, ran CPU benchmark and in Windows it seems alright as far as I can tell