Interesting Datto / Asrock Rack Xeon D-2143IT motherboard for $500 on ebay

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

frsp_1

Apr 13, 2018
New York, NY
I saw this while poking around eBay and have managed to talk myself down from the ledge so I thought I'd pass it along in case someone else wants to jump.

Datto/Asrock S4P2143 Motherboard Xeon D-2143IT 8 core 16 thread

Seller is asking $449.99 + $19.02 shipping. Includes an unspecified 2x RJ45 mezzanine card (looks like 10G but who knows).
BTW, from my 2 minutes of research, it looks like it might be tough to find BIOS / BMC updates as this was an OEM board for Datto.

Good luck!

Reactions: Samir

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
edit: Here's a linky to an AU bay (system is located in UK) listing with the motherboard, original chassis, and a bit more of a description of what's on the board.

copied/pasted description from listing for convenience

ASRock B2B Mainboard S4P2143

CPU: Xeon D-2143IT 8Core - 16 Threads

IntelD2100:12 x SATA3 (8 ports from 8 ports form SFF-8643 + 3 x SATA3 port + 1 x SATA DOM)
1 x PCI-E x 16 slot + 1 x PCI-E x 8 slot +1 x M.2 + Mezzanine slot A/B/C (one of each)
Integrated IPMI 2.0 with KVM and Dedicated LAN (RTL8211E)

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

mcglynnj

Apr 20, 2021
England
I saw this while poking around eBay and have managed to talk myself down from the ledge so I thought I'd pass it along in case someone else wants to jump.

Datto/Asrock S4P2143 Motherboard Xeon D-2143IT 8 core 16 thread

Seller is asking $449.99 + $19.02 shipping. Includes an unspecified 2x RJ45 mezzanine card (looks like 10G but who knows).
BTW, from my 2 minutes of research, it looks like it might be tough to find BIOS / BMC updates as this was an OEM board for Datto.

Good luck!
I was the one who bought that listing. Unfortunately the BMC chip is completely dead. The BMC Version field on the front page of the UEFI-BIOS is totally blank.

Because of it, the IPMI is non-functional, temperature sensors are all reporting "N/A", and all connected fans are run at 100% with occasional dips when the BMC chip self-resets every few seconds.

I'm am working with the seller to find a remedy to this problem, but I don't think think a working fix is possible as no downloads are being offered at all for this board by neither Asrock or Datto.

The label on the label where the BMC chip is located has "P1.00.00" printed on it.

By the way, the onboard card is an ethernet 10G card.