Intel Xeon L5520 for sub $30!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TheRonin

Mar 10, 2013
Nottingham, UK
Can recommend the second link for people buying from the uk. Used him twice one of my packages made it through customs vat free the other didnt. But even with vat these are still cheap for uk buyers.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Wow! is that 10 nodes or 10x systems with 4 nodes each?

Smalldog

Mar 18, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Not quite sure yet. I am a database admin/application developer by trade, and trying to see how I can leverage these for some projects I am working on crunching data. Also, they're inexpensive for what they are, so I know they will come in handy down the road. I bought 3 Dell MD1000's on the cheap, so I have the storage aspect of this project covered. It's all for a proof of concept right now, so I am on the hook for everything.

I am probably going to gut one or two out to make a larger machine that doesn't depend on these screaming fans, and recoup a few bucks by selling off the stuff I don't need from them (backplanes, cables, etc, etc).

I bought the Supermicro fans recommended in the other thread about making these thing quite, but have not had a chance to do anything with them yet. My father is a hardware engineer and I go to him with this kind of stuff.