EXPIRED Intel Xeon E5-2699V4 2.20GHz Processor SR2JS - $108

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Layla

Game Engine Developer
Jun 21, 2016
I would have bought 10, and i was searching for e5 v4 right about that time - I must have just barely missed it... :/

Almighty

Oct 27, 2019
Just got my shipping notice for 1. I don't really have a way to test it yet since I need to pick up a compatible motherboard and I'm drowning in options out there. Hopefully someone here can test it quickly and let us know they work okay!

ccie4526

Jan 25, 2021
Just got my shipping notice for 1. I don't really have a way to test it yet since I need to pick up a compatible motherboard and I'm drowning in options out there. Hopefully someone here can test it quickly and let us know they work okay!
Yep, just saw the USPS tracking number being issued... mine is showing estimated delivery Apr2-5... if it gets here on the front end of those dates I'll be able to drop it in and test... if it gets here on the back end, then it'll have to wait for completion of a business trip. /sigh

ccie4526

Jan 25, 2021
According to USPS, mine is out for delivery today... so I'll report back here later with results.

systemviper

Mar 21, 2016
Newtown, CT
WOW, got to watch more closely, would make great cruncing servers, i have one running now.

i just went thru every chip he has, this seem to be a draw... Nothing priced like those top V4 e5's
But it worked...

Yes please post shape and comments...

His creds look solid, hi's on my watch list now...

creds.PNG

Last edited:

Almighty

Oct 27, 2019
Bummed I didn't get a 2nd one as I found a dual cpu motherboard when i thought i was just gonna go single. I guess I can just be patient and hope for another fluke 2699 deal, or figure out a trade to end up with 2 similar v4's.

FlorianZ

Dec 10, 2019
Bummed I didn't get a 2nd one as I found a dual cpu motherboard when i thought i was just gonna go single. I guess I can just be patient and hope for another fluke 2699 deal, or figure out a trade to end up with 2 similar v4's.
Very likely that motherboard will work with just a single socket populated. You won't have access to all the PCIe lanes (check manual for details), and you'll obviously loose half the DIMM slots.

Almighty

Oct 27, 2019
Very likely that motherboard will work with just a single socket populated. You won't have access to all the PCIe lanes (check manual for details), and you'll obviously loose half the DIMM slots.
Yea that's kinda the worry, that I'd lose an x16 pci-e slot, 4 of the 8 dimms, and (possibly, but hopefully not) some sata.

ccie4526

Jan 25, 2021
Well, good news, bad news.

Good news, received one processor as advertised.
E5-2699v4.jpg

Bad news, my test workstation is a Dell Precision T5810, with BIOS A34. With the processor, received a 2,7 amber flash code on the power LED. That error indicates "Memory modules are detected, but a memory power failure has occurred." Interesting, I'm running PC4-17000R memory which is allegedly supported:
T5810_Memory.jpg
Tried pulling all the memory out and using only one or two modules, but no luck there.

Pertinent to note I have the K240Y mainboard, not sure if that's older or newer than the HHV7N mainboard.

At this point, I know I may be on the outer edge of what Dell will support in the T5810... yes they support E5-v4 processors, but nothing absolute about the 2699... and who knows, maybe I do actually need PC4-19200R memory. So... sorry I can't give more concrete evidence, I don't have anything else that would support a v4 processor available to me at this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Almighty