Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

OliG

Feb 21, 2016
Argh ! I bought 2 SNK-P0048PS narrow ILM and I just realised than I needed square ILM... First time I see a socket with 2 different heatsink mounting patterns. I just saw the lga 2011 in the description and thought they would fit.

Lesson learned for me, dont do the same mistake !

Reactions: GCM and Patrick

GCM

Aug 24, 2015
So, ended up ordering two, getting a Tyan mobo and getting a Phanteks Enthoo Pro for the case. I'll be using this for a dedicated twitch streaming box (capture card), as well as local recording/encoding.

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
So, ended up ordering two, getting a Tyan mobo and getting a Phanteks Enthoo Pro for the case. I'll be using this for a dedicated twitch streaming box (capture card), as well as local recording/encoding.
Looks like we have the same idea!

JayG30

Feb 23, 2015
Hey guys. I'm looking at this as a upgrade from a bunch of older X5500/5600 gear in a Hyper-V environment.

What do you think of building a Hyper-V environment around this platform? I'm thinking about pairing some of the E5-2670's with a nice Supermicro chassis/motherboard combo (like a Supermicro SYS-6027TR). Need to accommodate RAID and SFP+ cards. I don't need the latest and greatest gear, what I'm thinking would be a huge upgrade (more/faster RAM, SSD's, 10GB SFP+, faster CPU's) from what we currently have.

I'm wrestling with what to do for a rackmount chassis and motherboard. I really nice the dual/quad node servers for the compact footprint. I'm partial to supermicro gear as well. I like the SYS-2027TR Quad Node servers (with the 2.5" bays) and see some good deals out there for them, but I'm thinking getting a standard RAID and SFP+ card into them isn't going to happen. Which is why I was looking at the SYS-6027TR Dual Node servers instead. I don't think any of the boards have built in SFP+ (some have QDR and FDR but I don't have the infrastructure for that). And the VM's will be running on local storage so I'll want to run RAID cards. Maybe there are better chassis/motherboards I should be looking at to meet these needs though?

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
Anyone have a good lead on a Dual CPU motherboard, specially an ATX (not SSI-EEB) one. The asus Z9 series was perfect but they are gone from fleabay

zer0sum

Mar 8, 2013
Anyone have a good lead on a Dual CPU motherboard, specially an ATX (not SSI-EEB) one. The asus Z9 series was perfect but they are gone from fleabay
Sorry it's EATX/SSI-EEB, but maybe you could put it into a small case like the NZXT S304?

I did a lot of searching and the best I could find was a brand new Gigabyte GA-7PESH2 for $247 (+$12 shipping)
  • 2 x socket 2011
  • 16 x ram slots
  • On board LSI SAS2008 controller
    • 2 x Mini-SAS (for 8 x SAS 6Gb/s ports)
    • 1 x Mini-SAS (for 4 x SATA II 3Gb/s ports)
  • Intel SATA with 2 x SATA III 6Gb/s ports
  • 2 x 10GbE (Intel® X540-AT2)
  • IPMI through dedicated 10/100 NIC
  • Decent PCIe setup
    • 1 x PCIe x16 (Gen3 x16 bus) slot
    • 1 x PCIe x16 (Gen3 x8 bus) slot
    • 2 x PCIe x8 (Gen3 x4 bus) slots
    • 1 x PCIe x4 (Gen2 x1 bus) slot

Last edited:

Peanuthead

Jun 12, 2015
Churchill, send me a message with the zip you are located. I may have a new Coolermaster (HAF, I think) case that would help you out.

bmacklin

Dec 10, 2013
Up to $73 now. Should have bought more when it was at $63. Been following the stock market and I swear they are strongly correlated. It collapsed below $100 when stocks took a dive and now they have rebounded, so have the prices.

Feb 8, 2016
73 is about a two for one price, the early Dec price was 150 - 160 each.

esisoinc is offering BO or wait. Very likely the deepdiscountservers increase prompted esisoinc to match the BIN price.

Up to $73 now. Should have bought more when it was at $63. Been following the stock market and I swear they are strongly correlated. It collapsed below $100 when stocks took a dive and now they have rebounded, so have the prices.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
I put in a few offers to multiple ebay sellers, trying to get the cpu around low $65 range.

Got gfis down to $60/cpu with multiple cpus. 30 day warranty.

Love this site, many helpful and friendly sellers on here.

Onto coolers and memory now.

Last edited:

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
I continue to wait for the sellers to pay me for these chips. Another 6 months and they should be free.
Don't be greedy now :p

I'm just waiting for $59 a proc and I am in for a few more, even better if the deal is around when I can use ebay bucks to get for free. :-D

Dav

Jan 20, 2016
some had issues with stability and POST...might be isolated cases tho. I'm just nervous getting one of those used without warranty and shipping the entire case back around Europe costs a fortune not to mention proper handling