Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

williedee

Jan 25, 2016
Yes, it's hard to say.
I have'nt memory and proc to test it.
So i didn't find ans prices about it.

I contacted the seller to see what he can do before to go in PayPal request process.

So, i'm in France, and would avoid additionnal shipping cost, duties and vat.

Waiting and see.

But it doesn't seems to be a popular motherboard on the Web...
Good excuse to go to Xeon V3 ;)

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Just received 5 X9DRD-7LN4F-JDOD from seller comp-tec: Super Micro Computer X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD LGA 2011/Socket R 2 x Heat Sinks 1 x I/O

I'm inspecting the third board now but so far first 2 have had bent pins. PISSES ME OFF. No CPU socket covers, instead they put like little stickers over the pins and just threw all the boards in a box with literally like 1 layer of thin bubble wrap between them. Hard to believe these made it here in one piece. Why can't people invest in socket covers if they're doing "clean pulls"?

Last edited:

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Wheew, I've got one on the way and just checked, mine is coming from a different seller. Sellers who do a crappy packing job new see me again. But most I've dealt with have done an excellent job, much better than Amazon, Newegg, etc.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
All 5 have bent pins in at least one socket, some sockets are mangled, how in the ...

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Oh lovely, mine should be here Thursday. Guess I'll be breaking out the magnifying glass straight away.
this should be the first thing anyone does when buying intel boards on ebay unless they're new.

did you order from the same seller?

FozzieBear

Aug 24, 2015
this should be the first thing anyone does when buying intel boards on ebay unless they're new.

did you order from the same seller?
Yup, same seller. I only grabbed one though, so maybe at least there won't be much else for it to bang into in the box....fingers crossed.

lucidrenegade

Dec 12, 2011
FWIW, make sure you leave them negative feedback on Ebay.

I almost sent them a message suggesting that they put socket covers on the boards to prevent bent pins, but figured if they had a clue they'd already be doing that. :rolleyes:

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
FWIW, make sure you leave them negative feedback on Ebay.

I almost sent them a message suggesting that they put socket covers on the boards to prevent bent pins, but figured if they had a clue they'd already be doing that. :rolleyes:
I don't want to jump the gun too quick, i'm in direct contact with the ebay manager of the company and he seems pretty concerned and willing to help out. i did message asking if they had socket covers before sending payment, they said no but would make sure they protected them. so i was like well okay.

but here's some pics, the first one is the sticker they put over the pins, lol. honestly, my opinion is either the shipping or mishandling during packing contributed to the bent pins. like i said the boards were all just kind of thrown in the box, laying on top of each other.

LGA sockets just have this 'uniform' look to them when they're immaculate that it's just easy to tell at first glance if something's wrong. please note bent pins may be hard to notice in these pics, i took a bunch of just randomly chose these to upload. you can kind of seem areas where it looks like there are 'missing' pins but aren't missing they're just bent. and like i said some are completely mangled

20160125_195058.jpg

20160125_181122.jpg

20160125_181106.jpg

20160125_181040.jpg

20160125_173104.jpg

lucidrenegade

Dec 12, 2011
I don't want to jump the gun too quick, i'm in direct contact with the ebay manager of the company and he seems pretty concerned and willing to help out. i did message asking if they had socket covers before sending payment, they said no but would make sure they protected them. so i was like well okay.
LOL I'd be concerned about the adhesive from the sticker getting on the pins. Don't see why they can't just spend a few cents on a proper socket cover. Oh well...

markarr

Oct 31, 2013
I ordered one and it came with the heatsinks screwed on. I haven't taken a magnifying glass to it but from first look they look fine.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I bought my X9DRD-7LN4F-JDOD from wholesale_treasures. It just arrived, well packed with socket covers and no bent pins.

Reactions: Davewolfs

Davewolfs

Aug 6, 2015
So after some research it seems like water cooling is a complete waste of money, around $600 for a custom loop. Asetek has as server grade product called "Internal Loop" but it is not sold as a part.

Nanoxia is out of stock everywhere but they should be going back on Amazon relatively soon.

The only cases I know of that will hold this are:

Nanoxia
Enthoo Pro/Luxe
InWin 909
SuperMicro

RyanF

Aug 29, 2014
So after some research it seems like water cooling is a complete waste of money, around $600 for a custom loop. Asetek has as server grade product called "Internal Loop" but it is not sold as a part.

Nanoxia is out of stock everywhere but they should be going back on Amazon relatively soon.

The only cases I know of that will hold this are:

Nanoxia
Enthoo Pro/Luxe
InWin 909
SuperMicro
What motherboard are you using?

RobertFontaine

Dec 17, 2015
Winterpeg, Canuckistan
Aquarium pump with filter 500l/hr, home depot hose, plumbing section fittings , distilled water, waterfall for a radiator... If you aren't a fashionista water cooling can be quite inexpensive. I'm not making my own blocks but you could quite inexpensively and the results would be just as good. The real question is however... Why? Most people really don't have a use case.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I bought my X9DRD-7LN4F-JDOD from wholesale_treasures. It just arrived, well packed with socket covers and no bent pins.

Nice. How is the BIOS, fan speeds, and IT mode adapter? IPMI any better than the X8 boards?

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Nice. How is the BIOS, fan speeds, and IT mode adapter? IPMI any better than the X8 boards?
Dunno yet. Still waiting on the coolers, CPUs and memory. Will report back after she leaves the birthing room. :)