Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

lucidrenegade

Dec 12, 2011
Seconded.

There seems to be quiet a limited number of dual-socket boards around thankfully, but finding usable reviews seem harder. I'd love to see what kind of ATX/EATX boards people use with these proc's
Really depends on what you need NIC, SAS controller and PCI-E slot wise. Going by what shows up on ebay, most are Supermicro, Intel and some Asus. My personal preference is Supermicro -> Intel -> Gigabyte/Asus/Asrock.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Would prefer a mobo w/ 10G sfp+ nics, HBA, and decent number of pci-e slots, if none of the former (or they are $400-600 boards) then plenty o' slots to fill w/ existing 10G nics and LSI 2008 based HBA's.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I have one of those, a very specific usage board, I would urge a cheaper one + NVME & 10Gig AOCs myself.

You're VERY limited on what you can fit on that thing :D

Dajinn

Jun 2, 2015
Well first you linked a 2011 v3 board and second he probably is referring to the placement of the cpu socket behind the pcie slots.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I'm not sure I follow... what do you mean by limited on what you can fit? PCI slot wise?
Correct.

Well first you linked a 2011 v3 board and second he probably is referring to the placement of the cpu socket behind the pcie slots.
Correct.

Since it has built-in NVME and 10Gig you may only need a HBA for your SATA drives, which I believe can fit at-least in one slot. Makes it a good AIO if you go into it knowing the limits now, and for future expansion (RAM is also limited on this board).

Nelius

Dec 5, 2012
Denmark
Just got an offer of 96$ each accepted by eSiso. They may go lower, as it was my first offer they just accepted.

I am however buying slightly more than a couple of cpus, as i am importing to europe.

To give something back to this community, i will offer to sell these cpus @ cost+shipping+VAT
If anyone here is based in europe and would like a couple, send me a pm.

ultradense

Feb 2, 2015
@Nelius: where are you based?

I might want a some if I could get my hands on a few servers with dual proc, at least 4 Pcie3 slots and 6+ 2.5 inch hotswaps without spending the whole budget...

Nelius

Dec 5, 2012
Denmark
Nelius- were you buying the SR0KH or the SR0H8 version?
It's the C2 / SR0KX version, with VT-d / pass-through working.

@Nelius: where are you based?

I might want a some if I could get my hands on a few servers with dual proc, at least 4 Pcie3 slots and 6+ 2.5 inch hotswaps without spending the whole budget...
I am based in Denmark, but shipping everywhere in the world, except a few select countries due to the risk of fraud.

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
I just got one of these (SR0KX) along with an X9SRL-F.

I currently have an ESXi and a NAS for always on home use duties. I am adding a box for NextPVR (or maybe ServerWMC) which is going to take h.264 HDMI cards. Both my NAS and ESXi platform are Mini-ITX - I am going to roll them up into an AIO, along with the NextPVR server. The E5-2670 + X9SRL-F combo was less than $100 more than the consumer grade combo I was looking at, and I can always recoup some of the cost by parting out the old components. Plus much more expansion options.

Should be a fun project! Look for a build log soon! :D

RobertFontaine

Dec 17, 2015
Winterpeg, Canuckistan
Is there a v3 cpu in a comparable situation? I know that the chinese sites have started discounting v3 prices fairly significantly but I haven't seen anything comparable to what is happening with the 2670. The market appears to be absolutely flooded with them.

Dajinn

Jun 2, 2015
I'm not sure you'll see any significant power consumption deltas between the two chips at idle or even at load depending on what you'll be doing with them. The 2670 can be had for 90/ea as well. Anyone care to chime in? I'd be curious if the difference is significant any.