Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nephri

Sep 23, 2015
Paris, France
I just bought 4 of them from esiso for 90$ each.
I have now to build a server around them... this forum is really mad..... or i am really mad.....

CJ145

Mar 11, 2015
What's funny is my 2 heatsinks (Supermicro SNK-P0050AP4) cost as much as a single proc.
Yeah, same for me. New heatsinks were cheaper than the used ones too. Newegg ebay listing for them was cheapest. If you buy from Newegg site they charge you to ship each at 99c but though ebay is 99c for both.

Gnodu

Oct 10, 2015
Esisoinc has them listed at 108.98... Offered 90each for two, they came back with a counter at 105. If I wanted to pay 105, I'd have paid the BIN of ~109. Seriously? That's almost insulting.

Editing to add a question... This was for the SR0KX version, was my 90 offer inappropriate?

bash

Dec 14, 2015
scottsdale
I have gone back and forth with both sellers and they are not as willing to sell for sub 90$ because of increased sales volume.
This forum alone is probably responsible for 100+ sales.....

Reactions: gigatexal

Gnodu

Oct 10, 2015
I agree, Bash. I sent back a counter at 95, but to be honest, I'll pay the other volume seller full price for the additional 30 days warranty if they do not accept. I wasn't't planning on purchasing, but I know I will kick myself later if I don't... But the more I think about it, the more I feel insulted by their counter.

Re: market forces- the fact that the other seller no longer is taking best offers will likely change the market forces in play-- that volume is very likely to start to decline, and with that, prices will eventually follow-- at least if demand drops noticeably for a couple of weeks. Of course, they could get smart about it and ration the supply a bit to try and bring up price-- but not likely they'll be that patient, most of these bulk sellers need their investment back out ASAP, to fund the next deal.

Dajinn

Jun 2, 2015
Oh GAWD. I just bought 8. If only I hadn't of wimped out on those 4 Gigabyte LGA2011 boards a couple months back. esisoinc accepted 90/ea. Not a great deal but not bad.

On another topic, it's great that these are coming down in price, but barebones Dell and HP servers that accept LGA 2011 chips seem to continue to be at an all time high. I would be particularly interested in the R720 and R720xd if they weren't 1000+. I got lucky with a chassis from oemxs but they're currently away.

Anyone got some decent leads on systems or boards? I have some chassis I can do board swaps in.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Watch ebay for supermicro boards, don't pay more than 250$ unless you need it NOW.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Silly LGA2011 ?, can you use a v1 2011 proc in a v2/v3 mobo? Would be nice to see some 'highly recomended/popular' LGA2011 boards that some are using here w/ bang for buck in mind. Do they make single socket boards for these, assuming they do, max mem on those (as I understand it even if you get a dual proc capable mobo you COULD leave it 1/2 populated) on CPU sockets but you only get 1/2 mem/dimms correct? Never owned one of these bad boys but seeing passmark scores and the ridiculous pricepoint these are falling to makes me think...

I need to put my wallet away...ohh wait it's empty problem solved :-D

Reactions: Tritnaha

Tritnaha

Jul 16, 2015
Sweden
Would be nice to see some 'highly recomended/popular' LGA2011 boards that some are using here w/ bang for buck in mind.

Seconded.

There seems to be quiet a limited number of dual-socket boards around thankfully, but finding usable reviews seem harder. I'd love to see what kind of ATX/EATX boards people use with these proc's

lucidrenegade

Dec 12, 2011
Silly LGA2011 ?, can you use a v1 2011 proc in a v2/v3 mobo? Would be nice to see some 'highly recomended/popular' LGA2011 boards that some are using here w/ bang for buck in mind. Do they make single socket boards for these, assuming they do, max mem on those (as I understand it even if you get a dual proc capable mobo you COULD leave it 1/2 populated) on CPU sockets but you only get 1/2 mem/dimms correct? Never owned one of these bad boys but seeing passmark scores and the ridiculous pricepoint these are falling to makes me think...

v1 and v2 E5 procs use the same socket and will work in the same board (not at the same time mind you). The v3 procs use a newer rev of the socket (2011-3) and are not compatible. On a dual socket board, you need to populate both sockets to make use of all the DIMM slots, otherwise you can only use 1/2 of them. PCI-E slots generally follow the same rule, but most boards tie most of the PCI-E slots to the first proc. There are single socket 2011 boards, but the duals are more common and tend to have the better NICs (i210 vs i350 for example).

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
The Supermicro 2011-r1/2 boards that are "deals" on ebay don't last.

Like the Intel SSD we all love you need to watch for boards daily, and snap them up :)

@whitey I may have something for you actually -- will contact you :D