Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Back on topic, wondering why we went down a rathole of RAID discussions for so long in this thread? Good stuff but out in left field for this thread :-D

zanechua

May 6, 2016
Anyone have usb sleep issues with the S2600 motherboards on Windows 10? The USB Devices don't come back online

cray

Sep 2, 2016
just wanted to share my dual xeon e5-2670 gpu rendering build,

specs.

dual e5-2670
Intel S2600cp
128gb ecc ram
gtx 1070
evga 750 gq
phantek enthoo pro
cm 212 evo
adata 256 ssd

my only issue with this build is the super long boot time its like a min or 2 before showing something on screen.

i have a question can i put another gpu on the black pcie slot, i doest matter if its 2.0 only im only going to use it fstorm gpu rendering..

Roy68

Apr 13, 2016
just wanted to share my dual xeon e5-2670 gpu rendering build,

specs.

dual e5-2670
Intel S2600cp
128gb ecc ram
gtx 1070
evga 750 gq
phantek enthoo pro
cm 212 evo
adata 256 ssd

my only issue with this build is the super long boot time its like a min or 2 before showing something on screen.

i have a question can i put another gpu on the black pcie slot, i doest matter if its 2.0 only im only going to use it fstorm gpu rendering..

Hi thanks for posting this build, I built a system based on one of these S2600CP boards for rendering Blender files with Cycles render. Sorry can't answer your question about GPU in black socket. But how do you find speed of rendering on GTX 1070 GPU compared to dual CPU rendering? I have a crappy GPU that is fine for display but no good for rendering, am thinking of upgrading but only if I get a good benefit on rendering compared to dual CPU, which is already pretty fast on these machines.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016

This has to do with the RAM do error checking and correction before bootup. This is normal with this amount of RAM. Mine does the same thing (SuperMicro board) and most servers do as well. No system wants to boot with this much RAM unless they are certain that all the chips are OK.

Reactions: Gert

cray

Sep 2, 2016
@Roy68 so far for gpu rendering in single gtx 1070 is on par with my dual xeon specially if you use fstorm render, the displacement is almost realtime, thats why i wanted to add 2 or 3 more 1070 if the motherboard will support it even if it run's only pcie 2.0

here is a 30 second render on my gtx 1070 on 2k reso

Reactions: jfeldt and Roy68

AdditionalPylons

Apr 12, 2016
Oslo, Norway
I bought this several months ago. It is sitting in my living room running VMs. If its a scam, it's a VERY clever one.
I also bought this kit from Natex in May and they sent it to me in Norway. It was well packaged and everything in perfect order and has been working well ever since. I can definitely recommend them! There's a whole thread about those deals here on the forum and Pam seems to have been helpful answering questions as well.

I got an email yesterday with a promo code 'BlackFriday', which gives you 5% off. Code expires 11/28/16.

sirpawel

May 23, 2016
I also bought this kit from Natex in May and they sent it to me in Norway. It was well packaged and everything in perfect order and has been working well ever since. I can definitely recommend them! There's a whole thread about those deals here on the forum and Pam seems to have been helpful answering questions as well.

I got an email yesterday with a promo code 'BlackFriday', which gives you 5% off. Code expires 11/28/16.
Thank you both for input, and thanks for code. I'm also from EU, how much did you pay for shipment?

AdditionalPylons

Apr 12, 2016
Oslo, Norway
Thank you both for input, and thanks for code. I'm also from EU, how much did you pay for shipment?
I paid $42.60 for shipping and then Norwegian 25% VAT on top of everything when it arrived (there is no toll on computers in Norway, but VAT is of course added), and a fee to the Norwegian Post for handling the import (approximately either €15 or €30, I can't remember), but I'm not sure how that works in other countries.
I think I ended up at around 5400 NOK (~€600) in total. It's still a great deal in my opinion, since dual-socket motherboards are pretty rare on the used market here, and the cheapest new boards (Asus, with fewer DIMM slots) are available for about €330-350.

Reactions: YZ78

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016

Don't forget to look at the deals in the FOR SALE thread. Pam, Natex employee, post's stuff in there all the time. Feel free to message her about stuff.

I can vouch for Natex's reliability and great customer service. Patrick would NOT let a company post here if they were not in the up and up.

vroom

Oct 14, 2016
$33 each for E5-2670v1 C2s on Taobao, OEM (at least they claim), so if you do volume or have enough connections with the expatriate community it would be a cinch. I got a Q9650 yesterday for twice that

Reactions: azev