Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Nnyan

Mar 5, 2012
Best I was able to do for two E5-2670's was $70 each. You can probably get a better deal if you buy in quantity.

zanechua

May 6, 2016
Sooo I mentioned to @Roy68 that I would post pics of my build after it's done.

I decided to take a longer route and try to learn a bit about case modding and learned that you could tap your own holes for the motherboard standoffs, so i bought the appropriate drill bit and a tap wrench with the 6/32 tap to tap the holes for the standoff.

I don't wanna post all the pics to clog up the post but I'll post the highlights.

If you wanna see all the pics, You can do so here: Xeon Corsair Air Carbide 540 Build

Tapping the hole with olive oil as a lubricant

Got the motherboard and the fans seated in. The motherboard fits really tightly onto the case. Will probably add some rubber stoppers at one of the ends to support the board a bit more, 2 screws are missing due to the positions. I also probably went overkill with all the fans. (Some of them were from my old server which died so I transplanted them in here. The new server is also a dual xeon 2670 but that's in a SC846 casing)

Finished build. Could probably take a better picture but I'm deciding on a soundcard to buy before I switch over to it as my main workstation.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
How did you position the standoff holes? Seems like they would have to be very accurately to line up properly with the MB and any original standoffs you'd use. This is what kept me from drilling holes in my preferred case.

zanechua

May 6, 2016
How did you position the standoff holes? Seems like they would have to be very accurately to line up properly with the MB and any original standoffs you'd use. This is what kept me from drilling holes in my preferred case.
I screwed the motherboard in with a few PCI Cards to make sure they were aligned, then I took a screw driver which could fit through the screw holes on the motherboard and used a hammer to hammer down on the driver to mark the positions. Then i drilled right in the center of those positions. I only had to drill 3? or was it 4 holes. Only one of the holes were slightly off but thankfully not that badly and It all fit when the board got screwed down.

Reactions: Fritz

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I screwed the motherboard in with a few PCI Cards to make sure they were aligned, then I took a screw driver which could fit through the screw holes on the motherboard and used a hammer to hammer down on the driver to mark the positions. Then i drilled right in the center of those positions. I only had to drill 3? or was it 4 holes. Only one of the holes were slightly off but thankfully not that badly and It all fit when the board got screwed down.
Thanks. Noted for future reference. :)

zanechua

May 6, 2016
Thanks. Noted for future reference. :)
Note that the screw driver that fits through the motherboard screwhole should have as little wiggle room as possible, meaning it should fit the width of the hole almost perfectly. This way you won't be able to bend the driver or mark the wrong position. I figure you could even use a drill bit with the same size as the screwhole to mark the positions. That would probably be better even.

Last edited:

Srmarkovic

Jun 14, 2016
Serbia
where?? Amazon, ebay?
In computer store here in Serbia. Original package, new, unopened with Intel® Integrated RAID Module RMS25KB080. There were a few left but I put link in few forums INTEL Matična ploča S2600COEIOC... and it seems that all boards are sold. Actually I paid 26.800,00 din = 216€ with shipping not 215€. Don't buy on Amazon or Ebay because shipping is too high and custom fees are 32%!!!!!!

In my garden before I build PC.

Last edited:

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Try kalleyomalley | eBay

Their stuff is pretty reasonable if Intel stuff has been discontinued you could get a fair deal: I'd start with 1/4 (if discontinued) to 1/2 listed price and negotiate from there. People have found some good deals: chassis, RAID cards, etc that are mentioned on this thread. Cheers

EDIT: if you search this thread for "kalleyomalley" or "OEMXS" you will see some of the deals people have bought from her.

Davewolfs

Aug 6, 2015
Hah. This thread still going. Love my system by the way.

Going to be adding one of these Nvidia Pascal cards. Happy that I can do SLI as well since my bord supports it.