Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
I hope they make some of the higher core count versions with copper NICs still all of my 10GBe stuff is inside the same rack and I can't use half of my SG500x-8f8t without copper!(plus SFP+ cables are expensive)
LOL, at least we have options now, felt held hostage before w/ ONLY 10G copper ports. Weak sauce.

Everyone will NEVER be happy hah, those new board look dope!

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
Hi,
long time reading, first post ....

Nice to see that the ASRock - Boards at least physically exist ...
Hopefully they will be available somewhen in EU, too.

Also the new SM Boards look promising, even if a 1541 in exchange of the 1537 on the X10SDV-7TP4F would be nice.

I`m lurking for boards with 2+ pcie and sfp+ on the 10G nics for a while now.

Dumb question, will any of the boards fit in sc826 / sc825 ?
Have some around here that i`d like to use for evaluation.

P4TR

Jan 27, 2016
I wonder when Supermicro will ship these boards. I ordered one X10SDV-4C-TLN4F from a retailer in Germany three weeks ago. Is there a lucky guy in this forum who already got one of the new Supermicro Xeon Ds?

P4TR

Jan 27, 2016
I ordered mine at BASIS GmbH , as this was the first retailer who listed it. I remember this former post about the sr-iov issues, too. But this was about the first xeon-d wave (xeon-d 1520 xeon-d 1540). Those older xeon-D's are available. Unfortunately the new ones, which have a lower TDP (35W) still seem to be unavailable.

acmcool

Banned
Jun 23, 2015
Woodbury,MN
Update on Asrock Board Build..Mostly everything is good...Just have few issues...
1) Supemicro front panel connector is 24 pin...But asrock is using 6 pin... Building a custom cable to resolve this
2) LSI 3008 came with firmware version 8.Which gave issues in Omni OS...I flashed firmware version 11 from LSI site..This seems to be working fine now in Omni Os.
3) BMC firmware has issues. Reported to Asrock. They were able to recreate the issues I had.They are working on fix.Hopefully will get new firmware soon.

Reactions: Patrick

acmcool

Banned
Jun 23, 2015
Woodbury,MN
Update on Asrock Board Build..Mostly everything is good...Just have few issues...
1) Supemicro front panel connector is 24 pin...But asrock is using 6 pin... Building a custom cable to resolve this
2) LSI 3008 came with firmware version 8.Which gave issues in Omni OS...I flashed firmware version 11 from LSI site..This seems to be working fine now in Omni Os.
3) BMC firmware has issues. Reported to Asrock. They were able to recreate the issues I had.They are working on fix.Hopefully will get new firmware soon.
Already got new BMC firmware from Asrock rack.IPMI issues resolved.

tenet

May 4, 2015
@acmcool Supermicro part numbers for those cables (if, like me, you can't be bothered to make them):

6": CBL-0084L
12": CBL-0068L

Last edited:

smokey7722

Oct 20, 2015
Thanks...Just ordered these
acmcool - Any chance you would mind booting that board to a FreeBSD live cd and see if the 10g sfp+ ports are recognized (and if so, let me know which driver they use)? I'm very much considering the D1540D4U-2T2O8R as the base of a new file server build and want to be sure those 10g sfp+ ports will work. I haven't found much information on the PCH CS422's that are listed as being used and all but if someone knows this information already please let me know.

Much appreciated!