Intel X710-DA2 + windows 10

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kento

Jul 23, 2018
Hi everyone ,

I searched the forum for my question but found nothing so I take my chance here.
I wish to buy an Intel X710-DA2 but my workstation uses Windows 10.
The intel compatibily page states that card is only working with Windows server versions (i.e 2012 and 2016).
But nowadays servers and soho versions shares a lot of things so I wonder if the drivers can be used on Windows 10.

Otherwise what nic can you advise (10G SFP+) ?

Thank you.

Tha_14

Server Newbie
Mar 9, 2017
Hi everyone ,

I searched the forum for my question but found nothing so I take my chance here.
I wish to buy an Intel X710-DA2 but my workstation uses Windows 10.
The intel compatibily page states that card is only working with Windows server versions (i.e 2012 and 2016).
But nowadays servers and soho versions shares a lot of things so I wonder if the drivers can be used on Windows 10.

Otherwise what nic can you advise (10G SFP+) ?

Thank you.
Chances are the drivers won't work unless you can do some hackery on the config files. Best bet is to find someone on the forums that has one of these and are willing to test the drivers for you. Either way good luck.

Jason Hirsch

Feb 12, 2018
I found a number of threads asking the same question, but no one saying they'd gotten it to work. I'm in the same boat. Probably going to pass on it because of not taking the chance.

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
^^^ nothing beats connectX3

no transceiver vendor lock, new drivers and firmware always being pushed for pretty much every OS, and hilariously cheap

Last edited:
Reactions: wsuff

kento

Jul 23, 2018
Thank you all for the answers.
I bought the INtel X520-DA1 on Ebay , cheap , I will test it and make a report.

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
when it won't get more than 3 or 4gbps in iperf and reports a constant overtemp error in the intel driver panel, let us know and we'll recommend a good card :p

Reactions: Tha_14