EU Intel x550-t2

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
Hmm,

That is pretty cheap - except its not Intel cards - its Silicom cards - but chipset is intel - so potato/potato

And I just paid 43GBP including import taxes for a X540-T2 from the US - so I am obviously a little upset :)

Nice find

Jul 30, 2017
Very nice find. Offered 4x40£, hoping he doesn't sell out before he can accept.
Edit:Accepted the offer, now only has 3 left.

Last edited:

bob_dvb

Sep 7, 2018
Not quite London
www.orbit.me.uk
Actually, the more I think on it, I don't really want RJ-45, so if anyone has a low profile 10G card with SFP+ they wanted to trade then we can do a deal. No scalping, I won the deal here but changed my mind and will pass it on for a fair trade.

hmartin

Sep 20, 2017
Actually, the more I think on it, I don't really want RJ-45, so if anyone has a low profile 10G card with SFP+ they wanted to trade then we can do a deal. No scalping, I won the deal here but changed my mind and will pass it on for a fair trade.
I've got some SolarFlare SFN7122F, sent you a PM.

Jul 30, 2017
Got mine installed, had to download the driver from Intel

and had to force the speed to 2.5Gbps

You're running an up to date version of W10? The cards are plug and play here for me on W10/pfSense/Arch.
That is 10Gbit out of the box.

Only issues so far is that Arch is spamming:

Code:
Warning firmware error detected FWSM: 0x0118801B
And the Intel nvmupdate64e can't update seeing as:
"The selected adapter cannot be updated due to inaccessible device memory"

It still works fine though.
Even when connected to a RTL8125 at 2.5Gbps. Unfortunately pfSense just says "Unknown" when it comes to link speed. But has no effect on performance so far.

The Intel X550-T2 does show support for 2.5Gbps.. but the Silicom cards don't. So that might be an issue?

Did anyone flash Intel firmware or maybe Silicom's firmware or installed their drivers?

nerdalertdk

Fleet Admiral
Mar 9, 2017
::1
I have I only tried it in my gaming machine and it worked after installing drivers

only “problem” was I had to manual set it to 2.5gb else it would link up with 1gb

aivxtla

Apr 19, 2020
Have you tried flashing in W10?

Aside from that error, if you get a no updatable devices message (Since you have an OEM model), I know the flash utility checks the current eetrackid/EEPID, before updating.You can edit the eetrackid in the nvmupdateconfig to your current one if it doesn't see the card as updatable. Find specifically one of the X550-T2 models in the nvmupdate config file and then under the heading "REPLACES" add or change the etrackid to your current one and it should let you flash. I had to do this when my X710-T2L would not update after being detected by the flash utility because Intel forgot to include the device's eetrack ID in the update list.