intel x540-t2 passthrough to OmniOS 151032 on ESXi 6.7u3

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Tarkky

Nov 30, 2019
hello,
I'm new to napp-it (OmniOS)
I've read the guide, and according to the guide, I manually installed OmniOS 151032, then installed the napp-it.
I've set passthrough for the dual ports 10G intel x540-t2.
OmniOS can recognize it, however, the link will be down for a while after reboot.
when I lunch the vm console, there are two warnings.
upload_2019-11-30_21-59-52.png
And dladm show-link and ipadm show-if result are here:
upload_2019-11-30_22-2-6.png

my switch is NetGear XS-708E
Could someone help me on this?
I've also tried import OVA, same problem.
thanks,
Tarkky

Attachments

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Hardware virtualisation of LSI HBAs works for LSI HBAs without problems. Other hardware may not or need some tweaking in passthrough.map.

I have not tried to pass-through this nic but usually you add the nic to ESXi and connect it via the ESXi virtual switch to 10G virtual vmxnet3 vnics in your VMs.

Tarkky

Nov 30, 2019
Hardware virtualisation of LSI HBAs works for LSI HBAs without problems. Other hardware may not or need some tweaking in passthrough.map.

I have not tried to pass-through this nic but usually you add the nic to ESXi and connect it via the ESXi virtual switch to 10G virtual vmxnet3 vnics in your VMs.
thanks,
and yeah I know, and using vnics works fine, but I just want to reduce CPU consumption as less as possible though CPU is not bottle necks anymore.
I'll try to do some search of how to tweak in passthrough.map