Intel X520-DA2, HPE 1950-24G-2SFP+-2XGT & DAC?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Think

Jul 5, 2017
Hi, will that combo work? The 1950 manual mentions DAC for the SFP+ ports only for purposes of stacking. Googling, around, I could not find a lot of information, other than that HP switches may be picky in terms of which DAC cable to use...

Any hints?

Thanks!

zhoulander

Feb 1, 2016
I've used Cisco and eBay "HP" DACs with the switch no issues. Connected with Connectx3 cards though not intel. I'm not sure what intels are like wrt lock-in.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
I have used Cisco DAC with HP branded X520-da2 cards (SFP-H10GB-CU3M or other lengths) and they work fine, I was trying to find the document stating certification but could only find it for the blade passthrough modules for same cable, but somewhat sure it exists.

Just to be clear that is the sever end, not a HP switch but Cisco on the switch side.

Jerry Renwick

Aug 7, 2014
I have also heard of many compliant about the compatibility between intel adapter cards and DAC cables, so I won't risk of using the other brand DACs in intel X520.

Think

Jul 5, 2017
Just in case someone else with a similar question should stumble across this thread: It's working here with an eBay Cisco DAC cable.