Intel to have at least three different LGA2011 versions

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Aluminum

Sep 7, 2012
Why the hell didn't they just add 1 pin every time, could match with the release years almost. Its like they are trying to be annoying and confusing on purpose.

So much for my hope that years from now I could shove a used 15 core into my X79 board for fun, have to settle for 12.

odditory

Dec 23, 2010
Why the hell didn't they just add 1 pin every time, could match with the release years almost. Its like they are trying to be annoying and confusing on purpose.

So much for my hope that years from now I could shove a used 15 core into my X79 board for fun, have to settle for 12.
Listen, they have PhD's making these decisions. This stuff goes far beyond our small minded comprehension. /s

And yes, I hate myself for wanting them all.

Last edited:

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
Does not take a PhD to even rename for marketing purposes. Slot 1 had more than 1 pin

mackle

Nov 13, 2013
As a PhD I can tell you it certainly doesn't go beyond any small minded comprehension haha.

mackle

Nov 13, 2013
Yeah, well done Pat - AnandTech is one of my favourite tech sites, so to see you cited there was great.