Intel SSDSS2DE400G3 2.5" 400GB SAS MLC $119 @Newegg

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Severe bummer that Newegg USA site does not permit me to make purchases, even though I'm shipping to a USA address.
Otherwise I would have liked to take advantage of this and Thanksgivings deals. :(

Edit: Only very few deals I could purchase from Newegg but usually does not allow me.
I think I would have more success with Amazon but hey do not always match prices.

Last edited:

Naeblis

Oct 22, 2015
Folsom, CA
I hate newegg now.
Let me count the ways.

1) limited quantity on the items you really want to buy
2) discounts don't apply on the items you really want to buy
3) they bundle items you don't want to buy so discounts will not apply
4) slow shipping
5) customer service says item is in stock, yet web site shows "sold out"
6) no discount on the "bundled" items that actually allow you to buy more than 2 items.

All of the above was partially nullified since i got 10 awesome SAS SSD drives. However, I will add to the cost of those drives the $275 of 5% discounts I could not get as my NVMe drives were bundled with that worthless gigabyte adapter that I will NEVER use. I guess i can make them in an art piece titled "I hate Newegg discount policies" and sell that for 275. Any takers? It would be a one off and very original.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
You can add to the list the warning Newegg puts up with all their eBay items. Might not bother some but it grates on me.

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
I rarely buy from NewEgg anymore, mainly for the reasons Naeblis listed above. Amazon is much simpler, and is my go to. Sometimes the stars align and I end up with a NewEgg order, but it's pretty rare.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
All depends on the price. Just ordered a cell phone wireless charger that was $20.00 less than Amazon due to it being a BF deal. $20 off $60 is enough for me to choose the Egg.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Well, I needed 4x $3 4-pin PWM fan extension cables. Amazon sent 2 of the 4 correctly, plus a audio extension cable and a SATA splitter. Somewhat bummed today. Filled out a form and they are sending my replacement before receiving these back (they pay shipping.) On the Seagate hard drive one they gave me my refund when I dropped the box off at UPS, not when it was received. Hard to beat that, although, I have a server that needs the 2x 4-pin extension cables!

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
Did anyone track down the latest firmware for these as I was supplied version A3F0 back in Feb 2016. The guy from HGST sent me the firmware but no instructions so I'll be digging those up as well.

Reactions: Patrick

Prof_G

Jan 16, 2020
Kalleyomalley on eBay has these back in stock brand new from his listing.

Shoot him an offer. I just picked up 8 of them.

Prof_G

Jan 16, 2020
Okay that makes me feel better. Now I get to shift some things around. Anybody know of a good alternative to the dell T7910 2.5” hard drive kit for expansion?