INTEL SSD D7-P5510 3.84tb - $320 or less @ebay

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bayleyw

Jan 8, 2014
Probably legit but worth noting you are boned if these are EOL - the seller doesn't offer returns and 1% lifetime remaining technically counts as "used" by eBay's standards. I think Intel drives go into read-only mode if they hit their write limit too so you can't even run these into the safety margin.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Probably legit but worth noting you are boned if these are EOL - the seller doesn't offer returns and 1% lifetime remaining technically counts as "used" by eBay's standards. I think Intel drives go into read-only mode if they hit their write limit too so you can't even run these into the safety margin.
Very good to know. Definitely one where you get some questions answered by the seller before proceeding just to make sure.

int0x2e

Dec 9, 2015
I think with the risk factored in, the price is a little higher than it should be, but since the seller is willing to accept offers, you can put in an offer for what you think these are worth.
Having been burned before, I'd bite at ~60-75% of their asking price personally.

triples

Nov 2, 2019
Endurance of Intel and most enterprise SSD are rated on fully random 4K write (JESD219) to ensure that maximum writing amplitude is considered (meaning that for fast sequential writing, the endurance is way greater). It is technically difficult to use majority of the 7PB lifespan in 8-10 month.

There was hardly a 4tb NVME drive sold at the 60% of this price on ebay. One or two from forum members in a year, maybe.

Last edited:

XeonSam

Aug 23, 2018
OMG.... I've seen so many U.2 for dirt cheap where I'm located.

There is a great need for nvme, but there are few servers that really support 2 or 4 of them at a time.
So when a corporation goes bankrupt or a project is cancelled, there are relatively new(ish) U.2's in quantities of 24-50 pieces at a time for very cheap. The used market just doesn't have a need for U.2 because then you need to buy a server that supports it and the parts that go with them.
PCIe SSD's, the HHHL ones are popular and sell for quite a bit here though.

Intel's global 5 year warranty is second to none, though it's not as fast as some other manufacturers. I would say this is the real selling factor.

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
It is technically difficult to use majority of the 7PB lifespan in 8-10 month.
Does this exclude chia mining?
I've seen some screenshots of ssd smart data with more tbw than nvram based ssds from netapp/emc sans (radian rms-200 :D) that aggregated writes of multiple servers 24/7 for a few years...

• Wow
Reactions: Samir and Aluminat

reaver19

May 20, 2021
I ordered 1 to test it out before I order more and for you guys, here are the results boys. These are basically brand new. the one I got has 0 Power on hours. Here is smartctl. I bought 3 more @ 271$ ea. 271$ for a PCI Express 4.0 x4 U.2 SSD 7,000 MB/S Read 4,000 MB/S Write is a fantastic deal even in comparison to pci express 3.0 u.2 drives. I have a R630 10Bay with the 4x NVME front bays (PCIE 3.0 x4) and it was maxing out at 3,000MB/s R/W

reaver19

May 20, 2021
That's a super deal. Did you check if it still has warranty from Intel?
Yes it does,

Intel® SSD D7-P5510 Series (3.84TB, 2.5in PCIe 4.0 x4, 3D4, TLC) Generic Single Pack
SN or ISN (on drive):
#######################
Stocking ID/Part #:

Estimated Warranty Expiration:

July 21, 2026

XeonSam

Aug 23, 2018
That's a steal... I would get these if I didn't have so many myself. Great value for money!

anything1233

Just a Member
Dec 29, 2020
Anyone who might please help me reship one to Europe? I’ve managed to get it on time, but the seller refuses to ship outside CONUS… I’ve created a separate post Found!

Last edited: