Intel SR1680MV Dual Node Barebones System $120 (+ship)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BThunderW

Jul 8, 2013
Canada, eh?
www.copyerror.com
Intel SR1680MV 1U Rack Chassis Server System Warranty No CPUs No HDDs No RAM | eBay

With the prices of C6100's skyrocketing I've picked up 4 of these. First order the seller accepted $140 ea, this time he accepted $120. Comes with rails too.

This is just like the C6100 except in 1U package with 2 nodes. Very quiet for a 1U server even with E55xx CPUs running full bore.

Each nodes come with 2x 1Gbe interfaces and Remote Managment like DRAC (shared). 18 RAM slots per node, so easy to add lots of cheap 4GB sticks. Latest firmware from Intel site supports 56xx series CPUs.

The only drawback is no redundant power supplies.

If anyone interested I can post some pictures of internals.

Edit: Oops. Posted in wrong section AND I realized I already posted this a while ago. Mods can go ahead and delete this thread.

Last edited:

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
Intel SR1680MV 1U Rack Chassis Server System Warranty No CPUs No HDDs No RAM | eBay

With the prices of C6100's skyrocketing I've picked up 4 of these. First order the seller accepted $140 ea, this time he accepted $120. Comes with rails too.

This is just like the C6100 except in 1U package with 2 nodes. Very quiet for a 1U server even with E55xx CPUs running full bore.

Each nodes come with 2x 1Gbe interfaces and Remote Managment like DRAC (shared). 18 RAM slots per node, so easy to add lots of cheap 4GB sticks. Latest firmware from Intel site supports 56xx series CPUs.

The only drawback is no redundant power supplies.

If anyone interested I can post some pictures of internals.

Edit: Oops. Posted in wrong section AND I realized I already posted this a while ago. Mods can go ahead and delete this thread.
Nice.

Yes, please post up some pics as the sellers are pretty dark. Inside pics would also be good.

For anyone who missed the original thread, here is the product brief from Intel.

Thanks.

altqpeeg

Aug 1, 2013
Hi,

I did make an attempt to buy 2 of these from the ebay site listed and the price of $120. that you had accepted very recently. I did not get a response back from him. Can I reference your purchase to the seller site to possibly get a similiar deal? I became interested in the this Intel server recently and hoped to purchase before the budget is spent for 2013!

Thanks

muddybayou

Nov 20, 2013
Just an fyi, but it looks like the servers are all sold. I bought one for an offer of $110 shortly before the auction ended. I still have it "watched" on my ebay, but it shows all the servers as being sold, and the auction as ended.

PersonalJ

May 17, 2013
One of my CS23s decided to die, hopefully I'm able to find one of these as I'd love to populate this with L5630s.

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
Thanks for tip on these was just able to pick up one on ebay with rails for 100$