Intel RMS25KB080 same LSI9207-8i ? for $179

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mobilenvidia

Sep 25, 2011
New Zealand
You may need to crossflash it in an Intel board to get past the FW checking which board it is in and not booting.
I wonder how it checks for that particular Intel boards, it must have a special one off FW.
Why would you go to all that trouble ?, unless LSI didn't want the board to get out to the masses and end up with a M1015 replacement.

All 5 boards in first post are now on ebay for $165
I'll see if I can contact him tonight, for a better price, and possibly shipping out

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
So... you'd be surprised how much hardware STH generates. I bet I can find an Intel board.

BoA

Sep 18, 2012
Naestved, Denmark
Btw i enden up with ordering a IBM 1015 raidcard instead and a 6th 128gb Samsung 830 SSD drive :) still would have loved the
affordable LSISAS2308 solution, from Intel instead. If you still are interested in performance. i can post it on forum when i get
the raidcard :)

Aluminum

Sep 7, 2012
Oh lol THOSE listings, I see those that started for $139 but none actually for sale at that price.

You guys seem to have mixed up minimum bid for buy-it-now prices ;) And that one sold for $153 :p

Still, I'm thinking about it but doubt I'm the only one watching the 4 up now. For all the risk of it not working in most boards I really don't want to get worked up in a bid war...

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Oh lol THOSE listings, I see those that started for $139 but none actually for sale at that price.

You guys seem to have mixed up minimum bid for buy-it-now prices ;) And that one sold for $153 :p

Still, I'm thinking about it but doubt I'm the only one watching the 4 up now. For all the risk of it not working in most boards I really don't want to get worked up in a bid war...
That one selling for $153 may have been my doing :p I just asked him to make a BIN auction and he did at $153. Said he shipped same day so not bad. Better than a bid war.

BTW which C216 do you have? Asus just sent a P8C WS.

mobilenvidia

Sep 25, 2011
New Zealand

Put the minimum bid on and chances are you'll have it.

I spotted these nearly 2 months ago, when he had 5, now he has 3 left, Patrick bought one.
So these are not flying out the door in huge a bidding frenzies

Still quite a high risk of these not working in anything but an Intel Server Mobo

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
So received the card big disclaimer sticker:

NOTICE: This product is designed for use with Intel server boards and system that are compatible with Intel(R) Xeon E5 processors. The product will not function if installed in a desktop or 3rd party server board/system
Good news - still sealed in box. Both full height and LP brackets. More to come.

Update 1: P9X79 WS does not even see the card.

mobilenvidia

Sep 25, 2011
New Zealand
I posted in the right thread ;-)

Whats one more board when you are drowning in boards (can you drown in a forest ?)
No pressure at all in getting backlog done :D

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Just tried in Supermicro X9SCM-F... didn't even show a post message.

Aluminum

Sep 7, 2012
That one selling for $153 may have been my doing :p I just asked him to make a BIN auction and he did at $153. Said he shipped same day so not bad. Better than a bid war.

BTW which C216 do you have? Asus just sent a P8C WS.
I have the asus, theres nothing else for now due to terrible delays and zero stocking on supermicro board. I saw the asus early summer and was really worried about getting it but I bit the bullet a few months ago, good thing as first few SM are barely getting to a handful people now.

Read a lot of problems about the few people that got X9SAE variants on hardforums, suspect the bios is still stuck deep in beta land. Ironically my pair of m1015s (IT w/o rom) work just fine. Seems backwards that the "server" OEM is having card compatibility problems?

Intel must be providing no support or OEM marketing on C216 as only 1.5 vendors have them...really sucks because an ITX or uATX version would be great.

I won one of the Intel 2308 cards @139 as only bidder, the other 3 listings had 0 bids, so no price war :) They are back up again.

I shouldn't be too happy since it sounds like I just bought a lump of plastic. I will at least try though. Actually if it does work, you won't see me post about it here until I win another one ;)

I wonder if intel did some evil vendor lock in the bios, or perhaps the actual boot block/whatever is not on the card but only on specific motherboards.
I really hate stupid crap like that, but it goes hand in hand with the typical enterprise gouging. (SFP transceivers aka mini-GBIC modules LOVE to do this to screw you over, !@#$%^&* jerks)

mobilenvidia

Sep 25, 2011
New Zealand
You need to try and bypass the LSI splash screen and the BIOS from loading
Try setting up a UEFI boot, ie Win8 bootable USB setup
Then check if a drive attached to it shows up as a device.
or
Setup the system BIOS to not load the OROM from the slot the Intel RMS25KB080 is in.
Megacli should see the card, you could then try and flash it with a LSI FW

There is a very good chance that Megarec won't see the SAS2308 as it doesn't see the SAS2208

Last edited: