Intel Persistent Memory

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

A750gixr

Jun 9, 2021
Hi, Has anyone tried using a Intel Persistent Module in a workstation? I.E. a Dell Precicion? Is there any motherboard for a workstation that works with Intel Persistent Memory Modules?

NateS

Apr 19, 2021
Sacramento, CA, US
Not sure about the Dell offerings, but I know at least Supermicro makes workstations that can use first gen Pmem, for example this one: NeweggBusiness - Supermicro GPU SuperWorkstation SYS-7049GP-TRT Dual LGA3647 DDR4 2200W 4U Rackmoutable / Tower Workstation Barebone System . I'm not sure of the availability of their Ice Lake/Pmem 200 systems yet, but they're on the way: SYS-730A-I | Mid-Tower | SuperServer | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc.

For a DIY option with Ice Lake/second gen Pmem, the Supermicro MBD-X12SPA-TF-O is an EATX board available at retail & supports 200 series Pmem. Anandtech did a brief article on that option recently: DIY on Intel Ice Lake Xeon Just Got A Little Closer

A750gixr

Jun 9, 2021
Thank you, I’m still new with server hardware. It all gets very confusing and feels like swimming in the ocean with all the different xeon skews, motherboards, add on cards, ect. I was looking for a more up to date book like the comp tia book I used in college but for servers. I still have not found any fit the bill.