Intel P4000M Chasis and Intel S2600CP Motherboard

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Jtann45

Nov 30, 2021
I am getting a old server in a couple weeks free of charge , I am pretty good with building Consumer grade computers ,but this is my first delve into the server world. It is the Intel P4000M Chasis the model that has dual reduant 750w psus, now all I could find is mainly refurbished models of those powersupplies and the ones in the case are 6 years old. The mother board is dual socket and has a standard 24 pin ATX as well as 8 pin EPS connectors for each of the processors. Is it okay if i use a standard ATX PSU with this motherboard? I think I can fix it into the case with a few screws. I don't really want to hunt for those exact server PSUs they are super expensive new like 200-400 bucks a pop and I already got a 1000W EVGA Gold rated PSU that is standard ATX. I also got dual Xeon E5-2667 V2 chips and 64 gigs of ECC DDR3 1800mhz ram for the board I would appreciate any help as this will house all our family memories and movies and shows for plex!

RageBone

Jul 11, 2017
Since you seem to be getting the dual socket lga 2011-0 Variant for V1 and V2 Xeons, i can say that normal PSUs work fine.
I had two of those.
if you don't believe me, Intel had some specsheets out there including pinouts for most connectors including those PowerInputs.

I have no idea if it is still available and where and the Naming of those boards was confusing to me.
The seem to somehow name all their boards S2600CP with some letters for other formfactors.
I still have a untested S2600CPWTT or something like that here. 19" Custom Rack formfactor for dual 2011-3 but i digress.
Depending on your location and compatibility of your old PSUs with that board, i might be interested in acquiring those.

Be aware that Intel loved Hardware "Keys", so BMC and remote management is not possible unless you have key or AddonKey- Nic for that.

If you get Any weird beeps and the Board weirdly turning On / off, or not turning on, and beeping at you, there were beepcodes in the same documents.

Both of mine did not like certainPSUs, that they screeched at with error Beeps for "Power Good Assertion Failure" or something of the likes.
Different PSUs did not cause those issues.
It seemed kind of random though, if the Mobo would dislike a certain PSU.
My testing went so far that i suspect that the dislike is against the specific unit and not the series of PSUs.
All PSUs worked fine with other systems, so it clearly wasn't a dead PSU either.
So, if you have issues with your own ATX PSU, don't fret, try another one.

EDIT, i have to clarify that mine were the SSI-EEB (E-ATX) Variants and not custom ones.
I assume yours to be the same but i can't be sure and should not assume.

Last edited:

Jtann45

Nov 30, 2021
Since you seem to be getting the dual socket lga 2011-0 Variant for V1 and V2 Xeons, i can say that normal PSUs work fine.
I had two of those.
if you don't believe me, Intel had some specsheets out there including pinouts for most connectors including those PowerInputs.

I have no idea if it is still available and where and the Naming of those boards was confusing to me.
The seem to somehow name all their boards S2600CP with some letters for other formfactors.
I still have a untested S2600CPWTT or something like that here. 19" Custom Rack formfactor for dual 2011-3 but i digress.
Depending on your location and compatibility of your old PSUs with that board, i might be interested in acquiring those.

Be aware that Intel loved Hardware "Keys", so BMC and remote management is not possible unless you have key or AddonKey- Nic for that.

If you get Any weird beeps and the Board weirdly turning On / off, or not turning on, and beeping at you, there were beepcodes in the same documents.

Both of mine did not like certainPSUs, that they screeched at with error Beeps for "Power Good Assertion Failure" or something of the likes.
Different PSUs did not cause those issues.
It seemed kind of random though, if the Mobo would dislike a certain PSU.
My testing went so far that i suspect that the dislike is against the specific unit and not the series of PSUs.
All PSUs worked fine with other systems, so it clearly wasn't a dead PSU either.
So, if you have issues with your own ATX PSU, don't fret, try another one.

EDIT, i have to clarify that mine were the SSI-EEB (E-ATX) Variants and not custom ones.
I assume yours to be the same but i can't be sure and should not assume.

Yes mine is the E ATX model the SSI-EBB but I will not get the server until the end of the month ish! I was super worried about that psu not working. I already have bought this 1000W EVGA unit and I hope it works......... Yeah if I don't need the old PSUs then we can work out a deal you can PM me here and we can chat